Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody kept the stock front IRC (2005 C50T) and changed just the rear to an aftermarket tire? The whitewall width on the IRC is much narrower than other whitewalls. Does it look completely stupid with a wider whitewall on the rear as compared to the stock front? Dealer said they checked a Maxxis classic and the whitewall is much wider than the stock IRC. My front is in great shape and it would be a shame to replace it so that the whitewalls match. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Your always going to wear the back tire out first and going to the wider tire on the rear would look just fine. I really do not like to mix and match but am like you not going to throw out a good tire just because the back is worn. I think you can go with a 200 rear and still be ok and still the front is going to look good also. Lets ride

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I don't think you can find a 200 in WW. I don't think Metzeler is quite as wide as Maxxis but is wider than IRC. Don't care to run another IRC?
Viper

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all!! I ended up having another stock IRC mounted. Got 11,500 miles on the stock IRC so I shouldn't complain. Next time I will be able to buy a matched set so the whitewall issue won't come into play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts