Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
26,232 Posts
found I used to average running at the reccommended pressures of 29/36 about 17-20k on the front and 12-14k on the rear. My style is more lay back and mostly back country roads cruising.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
IRC tires seem to last about the same as most of the others.

Some riders can get great millage, some riders get low millage but on average most get average millage between 10,000 and 15,000 rear and about 15,000+++ on the front tire. If you run like Tom Cruise did in the beginning of Days of Thunder you can shred your tires way sooner. But most fondly remember the frisking by the Lady Cop/Stripper after Tom learned to save his tires and win.

Reactions: BlutoBodine

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm at 6k now and the rear has noticeable wear. If I go with OEM replacement I'll probably be good until 1st of the year and just replace the rear tire - have driveshaft splines lubed at same time. If I go with a different tire, I'll replace both tires. I must be Tom Cruise-ing my bike too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.