Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 1400 Intruder
Hi everyone...I installed some aftermarket lights to front of bike and after blowing the 10 amp fuse for turn sig/runner lights a few times I finally got the new lights to work...However after doing the full hook up of hardware and wrapping wires I have a "key on no crank" issue...Even after unhooking the new lights I still have no power to the starter and can't hear fuel pump clicking as it fills before trying to start....
I am thinking the "start button" would be the easiest place to start since I have checked the 10 amps and the 30 amp fuse in the side box as well as looked under seat for any loose, disconnected or burnt wires....It ran okay 2 days ago when I parked it...
Any advice out there will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks folks.
buster

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME from Texas, new member.

I'm of no help on repairs, especially on electrical. Maybe somebody'll chime in and help you.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
52,611 Posts
BuMp for helpful replies!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Make sure the side stand is up when trying to start it if it's in gear, in neutral it's fine side stand down is ok but if in gear fuel pump won't run and it won't start.
Check the start switch above the start button.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ron...I replaced Solenoid and NOW Strangest thing....Could not get bike to do more than a single click when trying to start...Replaced solenoid and now as soon as I touch the negative cable to negative post when connecting battery the engine starts turning...Only thing that stops this is taking neg cable away from negative post.
As ALWAYS any help is VERY MUCH appreciated.
Buster

·
Registered
674 Posts
You have a bad solenoid, stuck start button or connections aren’t correct.
Ohm out the solenoid between the large posts with the battery disconnected. If you have continuity then your solenoid is sticking.
I know you said you replaced it but parts aren’t what they used to be.
If the solenoid contacts are fine and there is no continuity then check the starter button to be sure it’s not sticking or shorting internally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts