Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to replace my S40 with the C50. I am fairly short and light so I did not want to go up to something huge in weight or size. I ride a Yamaha fz6r as my main bike and the cruiser is for taking my wife and kid on rides. I am looking at a 2005 with only 2200 miles, a mustang seat, saddlebags and windsheild and not a scratch for about 4k. That sound as good to you guys as to me? My other best option right now is a 07 vstar 1100 with 4000 miles. Issue I have with that bike is that its carb not fuel injected and it has loud ass pipes (I know im the only one who doesn't want super loud pipes) with no heat plates and is another 50 lbs. Any opinions? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
C50

·
Registered
19,499 Posts
I too upgraded from an S40 to a C50. The C50 will feel like a couch by comparison. The V-Star 1100, even though it has a 300cc increase over the C50, does not produce much more power than the smaller displacement C50. It also doesn't get anywhere near the same fuel economy either.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, looks like Suzuki is handing out $1200 on 2013's which would bring the msrp down to about 7200 on a new one

2013 Suzuki Boulevard C50
MSRP: $8,399*

$1200 Customer Cash
-AND-
as low as 7.99% APR for 60 Months on approved credit4

So 4k for a 9 yr old bike seems a bit high to me but use your own judgement.

·
Registered
19,499 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just gave $2000 for an 04 with 5000 miles including saddle bags.
I think 4K is way high.
What city/state are you in?

LA perhaps?

yes Good old L.A. where everything is higher lol. 2k for an 04 is great. That was the last carb year though wasn't it? This does have an 800$ mustang seat set up on it as well but I think you guys are right I can probably get it better.

Good point about the fuel milage another factor in favor of the C50.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I too upgraded from an S40 to a C50. The C50 will feel like a couch by comparison.
+1. Moved from an S40 to C50 last spring. The C50 seems very light on its feet and handles better than the S40 in my opinion. Nice bike for limited 2 up riding or solo cross country as long as you aren't trying to do 85 on the interstate all day long.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The price is not too far out of range for its year and mileage. if $3500 is retail as stated here then the seller wants you to pay for the seats. If its the color and set up you want, then bargain with the guy for $3200 or so. The only issue I would have is the tires may be original and they could be expired as far as I'm concerned. Bike sitting around for 9 years and ridden only 250 miles per year is not good for rubber products. I've got an 06 and I'd like to think I could get between $3k-4k for it. Good luck. I'm originally from Glendale, so howdy....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I just gave $2000 for an 04 with 5000 miles including saddle bags.
I think 4K is way high.
What city/state are you in?

LA perhaps?

TRAVR6 got a fabulous deal! Those don't come around every day! I'm thinking that the 4K isn't a bad price, though you may be able to wiggle a few hundred off with good negotiation. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TRAVR6 got a fabulous deal! Those don't come around every day! I'm thinking that the 4K isn't a bad price, though you may be able to wiggle a few hundred off with good negotiation. :wayhappy:
yeah I just looked at every C50 within 150 miles of me on cycle trader and that was by far the best deal. I just sold my S40 on sat for 3100 and it wasn't in as good a shape as this C50. Mine was an 09 so newer and had 4k miles.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would show up with a buddy and 3500 cash. Take it for a test ride, and if you like it flash the cash and tell him that is all the wife would let you have... I took the dealer down a thousand with that tactic... but you have to be willing to walk away.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would show up with a buddy and 3500 cash. Take it for a test ride, and if you like it flash the cash and tell him that is all the wife would let you have... I took the dealer down a thousand with that tactic... but you have to be willing to walk away.
yeah I plan on exactly that. I have bought many vehicles and nothing works like the wife excuse. most of the time because its true lol. I did go down and look at it and test ride it. I did not check out the 1100, which had a corbin, Guy obviously took good care of the C50 and barely road it. Really wasn't a scratch on it, fired right up and drove great. That black/grey paint is really cool too. And the Mustang seat is pretty **** comfy. I was actually surprised how well it handled compared to my S40. Nothing like my sport bike but no cruiser is and is plenty enough for hitting up ACH or Mulholland.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
yeah I plan on exactly that. I have bought many vehicles and nothing works like the wife excuse. most of the time because its true lol. I did go down and look at it and test ride it. I did not check out the 1100, which had a corbin, Guy obviously took good care of the C50 and barely road it. Really wasn't a scratch on it, fired right up and drove great. That black/grey paint is really cool too. And the Mustang seat is pretty **** comfy. I was actually surprised how well it handled compared to my S40. Nothing like my sport bike but no cruiser is and is plenty enough for hitting up ACH or Mulholland.
Definitely agree with the 2 roads you mention. Newcombs and the Rock Store... Legendary bike stops. Last winter,wife and I enjoyed State 33 out of Ojai and 166 to Santa Maria.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
I'm 5'7 and 145lbs when I bought my 05 for $3400 two years ago. It had 5800 miles with a windshield and bags. I think the $3500 is a fair price. U have no problems when riding 2 up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You could also look at other shadows and V-stars.
I am a Yamaha guy but I went with the best deal.

I was really looking for either a Shadow or V-star and just happened upon this.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/4324952199.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/4317294134.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcd/4324884040.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/4325734678.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/4308086378.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/4308086378.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/4319761112.html

Not sure how much free time you have but you might be able to broaden your search a bit.
Drive 300 miles to get it if the deal is good enough.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'd take it - can't go wrong if you can get it for $3500. It's a great bike and very easy to maintain. What I'd tell him is that even with the low miles, the tires are old and will need replacing and it will need a full service so drop the price $500 and we have a deal.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I paid 3500 for an '05 with 12K miles, she came loaded with studded bags,windshield and passenger backrest. You wont regret it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts