Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again!

I'm installing an integrated headlight (no instructions of course!), and I have an extra wire on each side that I'm not sure what to do with it. Each turn signal has 3 wires - One for the daytime running lights (orange), one for the blinker (black on right signal, white on left signal), and a "negative" wire (black & white on both signals)

My new headlight has hookups for the daytime running lights and the blinker light, but what do I do with the negative wire? I have a pic below for reference.

Headlight wires:
Brown - Daytime running lights
Grey - Right Turn Signal
Blue - Left Turn Signal

Next question is for the daytime running lights - I'm guessing I can splice the 2 wires together and attach them to the single DRL plug on the new headlight?

For now I just have the Hi & Low beam hooked up, I've left the stock signals on until I figure out the best way to hook up the integrated signals.

Thanks in advance,

CG

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I kept searching and found this, this answers part of my question. Still not sure about the negative wire tho.. I read that I can cap them off since the new headlight has its own ground, if anyone can confrim that I would appreciate it!

Connect one of the positive wires on the signal to the brown wire on the bike for running light
Connect the other positive wire on the signal to the light green for Right turn, Black for left turn.
Connect the negative wire to the black with white stripe on the bike.

Thanks again,

CG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts