Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
From what I can see, there is no advantage to loyalty anymore.
Yours to them, or them to you.
It's been that way for a long time.

I have two that I switch between.
I chose the one with the lesser price, then over a few years the price slowly climbs, even though I've never made a claim.
It reaches a point, and I go screw you, and go back to the other guys.
I get a way better rate with the same coverage.
A while later, same thing.
Prices go up, I go back to the first people who give me a better rate than ever before.

La la la la la.
Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
26,076 Posts
Joe's right. If you've been with the same insurer longer than two years and haven't shopped around, you're probably getting ripped off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
He in Ontario Canada I’m told we have the highest insurance rates in Canada because of our population density. I pay just over $900/year for full coverage with $2M liability on my 06 C50. That is about $50/year less then what I was paying for my 02 Volusia. I’ll be 50 in a few months with a clean driving record. My only moving violation was one speeding ticket 30 years ago in my car.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
He in Ontario Canada I’m told we have the highest insurance rates in Canada because of our population density. I pay just over $900/year for full coverage with $2M liability on my 06 C50. That is about $50/year less then what I was paying for my 02 Volusia. I’ll be 50 in a few months with a clean driving record. My only moving violation was one speeding ticket 30 years ago in my car.
I'd almost like to see how a bike could cause 2 million in damages, as compared to a car.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
I'd almost like to see how a bike could cause 2 million in damages, as compared to a car.
It's in Canada. That's like a $1.96 here.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,076 Posts
I guess you've never heard of Yammie Noob. He was a motorcycle vlogger on YouTube. Back in 2017 he was riding his Daytona when he crossed the line and went head on with a Porsche.

He apparently did about $200k in damages to the car in that crash. If you add in the damages to his bike and the hospital bills, I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to $1M.

He didn't injure anyone in the Porsche, but if he had, and they ended up in the hospital, I could easily see it getting up really close to $2M.

Some of these vehicles on the road today are so damn expensive, and medical care is do high, that the bills from an accident can get really astronomical really quickly. I'd really suggest that you keep your liability limits as high as you can afford.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
So a Kanuckian car or person is only valued at about the price of a happy meal?
Do I understand this correctly? ;)

·
The Village Idiot
5,052 Posts
05 C50. Full coverage and $6000 replacement with $250 deductible cost me $85 per year with Geico. I almost want to get hit...:)

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
So a Kanuckian car or person is only valued at about the price of a happy meal?
Do I understand this correctly? ;)
That all depends on the exchange rate. Some days, its below the dollar menu board...

Reactions: Jerry K

·
The Village Idiot
5,052 Posts
Impressive that’s $15 / year better than me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I SHOULD point out that I just resigned up for $85ish this year, only because of the 15% discount we got from Covid. I had been paying $99 per year, but I only signed on with them last year, because my Liberty Mutual Group Rate had sneakily increased to over $300. Scummy.
I was getting excellent group rates with payroll deduction from Liberty, who I am sure have plenty of studies showing them that people who use payroll deduction sign on and forget and allow themselves to get raped. When I finally did a comparison, I ended up getting the same or better coverage for a freaking crapload less money. >66% less on my motorcycle and >50% less on comprehensive coverage on both of my vehicles.
When I iniitially signed up for Liberty Mutual group through my work...those tables were turned. It was so ridiculously low that no one could even come close and gives you some false sense of security in your pricing. So, I am checking regularly now. There is no reward for loyalty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Some of these vehicles on the road today are so damn expensive, and medical care is do high, that the bills from an accident can get really astronomical really quickly. I'd really suggest that you keep your liability limits as high as you can afford.
I agree. Rates in Florida are much higher than where I moved from. I asked when I first got insurance and was told it was due to the large number of uninsured motorists. I carry max limits so my insurance costs are not small. I also carry an umbrella policy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It all seems high for me. Motorcycle insurance in Nicaragua was $30 a year for my Suzuki AX100. Besides a bumper what am I going to damage on the person's car if I hit them? If I go through the windshield in a head on I will be so messed up that I won't be worried about being sued. I will take the state minimum, my bike cost 25 bills.

·
Registered
20,591 Posts
Jeffro, That's the same reason I left Liberty Mutual. My car, Home and M/c went thru the roof. They couldn't explain why so I told them to " Kiss my filthy big toe."

21 - 40 of 45 Posts