Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my 93 Intruder to a "Harley guy" for is wife's first bike. When they came to look at it they were all over my Volusia. They could not believe that I bought my 02 VOL for less than $4000!

After we loaded up the 93 into his truck (He paid the asking price - cash on the spot), he asked me what I had paid for insurance on the Intruder. I told him that Progressive cost me $75.00 a year and that the 02 was the same price. His jaw hung open for a while, and he told me that his HOG cost him $900 a year to insure! WOW!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pay CA$1600 a year fully comp :shock:

But that's what happens when you're English, living in Canada with no insurance history. That was with $1000 off for age, membership of a riding club and having completed a safety course.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
marcopolo said:
I just sold my 93 Intruder to a "Harley guy" for is wife's first bike. When they came to look at it they were all over my Volusia. They could not believe that I bought my 02 VOL for less than $4000!

After we loaded up the 93 into his truck (He paid the asking price - cash on the spot), he asked me what I had paid for insurance on the Intruder. I told him that Progressive cost me $75.00 a year and that the 02 was the same price. His jaw hung open for a while, and he told me that his HOG cost him $900 a year to insure! WOW!
insurance quotes depend on alot of things. A buddy just bought a new sportster, one of his deciding factors was the insurance rates. it was cheaper to insure the sportster than the volusia or c50.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yikes!! 2 HD's with full coverage cost me $269 total. This guy must have a dozen DUI's, points our the yin yang and a history of crashing. I pay less for my 2004 Mazda Tribute and 2004 Dodge RAM Quadcab 1500 than $900!! Once again full coverage.........

·
Registered
912 Posts
I pay Foremost $174/year for full coverage, i.e., liability, uninsured motorist, collision and comprehensive (other than collision).

·
Registered
37 Posts
05' Boulevard C50T, $168 a year full coverage thru Progressive. 9/3 plan (9month ride, 3month store DEC,JAN,FEB) and $2000 accessories option also.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I pay just under 950 CDN /yr, full comp and collision. Our vehicle insurance here is gov't run, with only the comp and collision available through private companies. More expensive, but VERY easy to deal with if you have a claim. Drive up to one of the many many claim centres, meet an adjuster, get your claim form, get your vehicle repaired. I've only had few claims over the years, but I really get the impression the adjuster is there to help you and get things straightened out, not to screw you over and short change your claim.

·
Registered
912 Posts
kitchenmagician said:
I pay just under 950 CDN /yr, full comp and collision. Our vehicle insurance here is gov't run, with only the comp and collision available through private companies. More expensive, but VERY easy to deal with if you have a claim. Drive up to one of the many many claim centres, meet an adjuster, get your claim form, get your vehicle repaired. I've only had few claims over the years, but I really get the impression the adjuster is there to help you and get things straightened out, not to screw you over and short change your claim.
For that much money, they ought to give you a new bike every year.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I just switched both bikes to Progressive this week. They use your zip code and credit score, among other things, to determine your cost.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
$199 for my '05 C50 w/Progressive...full coverage all year, commuter rate in a metro area.
$168 for my wife's '03 Vulcan 800 Classic.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I pay around $390.00 full coverage in California on my 2003. That's with an excellent driving record, MSF course, etc. BUT, I guess with more "crazy cages" on the road in Calfornia, there's a cost.....but, I think I will check out Progressive........hmmmmm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hate to post a new thread when there already is a perfectly good one.
I have a 2012 c50 I am paying $166 a year for state minimum liability in Massachusetts with Liberty Mutual. Am I getting a good deal? My klx250 dual sport costs $283 a year with dairyland insurance state minimum.
I am 29 years old with no points on my license.

·
Registered
19,600 Posts
Your insurance rate depends mostly on where you live and how your motorcycle is classified. My C50 and Vulcan used to cost around $340 a year for full coverage with $250 deductible. My CTX costs $429 a year for the same. If I lived in Ohio or West Virginia where tort laws are different, the rate would be less. If I lived in Maryland or New York, it would be more.

·
Super Moderator
25,655 Posts
I've got a 2000 BMW 1100RT and a 2017 KTM Duke 390. I'd have to look it up, but I pay around $350/year for both. I'm 45 with a clean driving record. The BMW has liability only and the Duke has full coverage. They're also both garage kept, which will make a difference.

Don't know if that helps, but there you go.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts