Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800K4
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up these LED turn signals (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GZBY1PW) for my Volusia, and set about installing them.
The only gripe I have about changing out the turn signals is the 3 wire setup that you get, you have to splice the "tail light" wire into the brake light wire group. There is a gray wire that you need to tap into in order to make the back signal cluster work.
My mistake was exposing the sleeve of the wire, and not correctly covering that back up causing a short, which in turn made me frustrated, and so it took me 2 days to complete this project.
You just have to walk away when you get frustrated that things aren't working as expected. Collect your thoughts, regroup, tackle it the next day.
So I pulled everything back apart the next day on the tail section. re-soldered my connections, covered them up (electrical tape, and shrink tubing), and put it all back together.
The youtube video below is of the completed project.

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Looks good. Make sure you check they're brightness in direct sunlight.

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Awesome!
I like that the the rear work as running lights as well. Took your time and did the job right! (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts