Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a Saddleman Drifter Express Tail Bag because I need the extra storage for my occasional excursions down to my Alma Mater, Mass Maritime. I end up needing plenty of space to fit my equipment and... ehem... "supplies".

In my infinite wisdom, as a stupid-A$$-FNG, I bought a truck bag w/o considering the potential need for a luggage rack (figured I'd try to save cash).

Anyone know if this bag can be attached with only a sissy bar, w/o destroying my d4mn fender???

Thanks for reading.

-Malaek

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Sure. Turn it around and support it with your pillion seat.

I'll take one of those 'ahem' supplies now.... :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's occurred to me, but I'm trying to leave the seat open if I can. I'm hoping that there's a way of securing the bag to the sissy bar in a way that still keeps it from moving around there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks for the input guys; thankfully, I came across a good deal for an OEM luggage rack that mounts on my sissy bar. (Got it for $45; better than paying $300!) With any luck, the part will work as advertised.

Thanks again, and see ya out there!

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Thanks for the input guys; thankfully, I came across a good deal for an OEM luggage rack that mounts on my sissy bar. (Got it for $45; better than paying $300!) With any luck, the part will work as advertised.

Thanks again, and see ya out there!
Do you know for a fact that it is an OEM sissybar? I ask, because no two sissybars and luggage racks are interchangeable. They have different widths, thickness and even bolt patterns. You really need to be careful ASSUMING it will fit what you have....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts