Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bob. Your mom was surrounded by love and that is the greatest gift you could have given her. We love you, Brother!

Reactions: beezer and BearBait

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
Mom told me years ago that when she passes not to mourn her death but to celebrate her life. More good advice.
You got that right. When I go, I want a party, celebrating my life, not mourning my death.

Amazed at how many books your mom has written, wow!!! Sounds like an amazing woman.

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
When I go, the liquor cabinet will be flung open, with family and friends invited to drink every last drop in my memory! I'm Irish. What else are ya supposed to do?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your Mom Beez. Always remember the happy times and never forgot how much she loved you!! Thinking of you.

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
I picked my daughter up at the airport last night. We'll get together with my local daughter today and start sorting through Mom's house to see what they want. At 11am I have an appointment set up to start 2 joint bank accounts with them that I can put money in for each of them that they'll have access to after the dust settles and I have a better handle on their percentages. At 5:30pm we'll go down to the funeral home for this evening's viewing and wait for the crowd of friends and family that will be coming to pay their last respects prior to the funeral tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Just got home from Mom's viewing. I was so surprised with flowers from Whiskey and Tanya as well as another beautiful arrangement from Woodswoman and Bearbait. Thank you so much!
As if that wasn't enough representing from the VR in comes Sweetlu and Sister Mooo. Mary actually drove the 6 hours down from Buffalo and she is driving all the way back home now. WOW!

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Today is the big day. Not much sleep last night. Thoughts of future things that need to be done to take care of Mom's estate. I have a peace and know I will make it through it. It's a new chapter and a new learning experience. I pray I make the right decisions. Your prayers will help me in my journey for sure. There is such a diverse group here with knowledge in many fields I feel confident I can ask for advice. I can't stress enough how grateful I am for your support!
God bless you all!

·
Super Moderator
4,731 Posts
I was praying yesterday for you and mom at Hershey while they were removing my central line from my chest, a good sign of not drilling to much in me...Laura and I sending our deepest condolences and hope to a healing process of mom's life... Your a good son Beez.

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
We just got home. Everything went smooth. There were laughs and there were tears. The VR was represented again today by the surprise arrival of Bearbait and DCinCT. I couldn't believe it! I was doing pretty good until I saw them standing there and then the tears started flowing. Thanks so much guys. You don't know how much that meant to me. Now I see what people do with their free time after they retire :p
Another special thanks to Captain Cruiser and mmmmagicfingers for their care package that just arrived by FedEx. Cool that it was delayed and showed up today when we were home instead of yesterday when we were out since it needed a signature. Again, the Lord works in mysterious ways :)

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
Your welcome buddy, hopefully you enjoy the reason a signature was required.

A lot of us have been through what your going through and will be going through, reach out to us when you need us.

For the next couple of days....just take some well deserved down time for Bob.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Glad to hear so many reached out to you at this difficult life event. Times like these remind us that there are many who truly care about us. I can't say enough good things about the community of people on this site. Best Wishes for you and your family in the days and weeks ahead. Hoping the estate isn't difficult to deal with. A lifetime of memories amongst all the "Stuff"! My mom battled cancer for a few years and she went through most of the stuff she wanted the kids and grand kids to have. She either put a tape on the back with their name or it was on a list. My daughter got a needle point picture that my mom said was so difficult that she tore up the pattern after it was done. A beautiful display of her love and patience that Katharine and her hubby get to see every day in their home.

Reactions: beezer and Jmbrad
161 - 180 of 246 Posts