Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know my 90 year old Mom fell and moved in close to 4 months ago. She was better then than now. She went into the hospital last Thursday for COPD, heart failure, anxiety, and breathing problems. She has dementia as well. She came home Tuesday. Network hospice workers came that afternoon and I signed the necessary papers for them to take control of her meds and such. Yesterday another healthcare worker came to check on her as well as oxygen, transport chair, walker, medicine pack including morphine, and other items. I forget if anyone is coming today. Tomorrow there will be 2 more coming.
Of course I had to break my leg 5 weeks ago. I wondered why it happened. They say God is in control but I questioned that at the time wondering what good could possibly come out of it. Well, now I see why. It was for me to be able to take care of her. I don't know how much longer I will be out of work and wonder if I will be forced into retirement which I'd prefer not to do. I have no siblings and when I do get back to work I have Belinda's son who lives here on board to look after her which I really hope works out. He's not ambitious at all as he's happy to make enough money for car insurance and rent. There will be medical workers coming in throughout the week as well.
I fed her this morning and gave her her meds and then she needed a bucket to bring it all back up. I told her I was going to fill the sink with bath water so she can freshen up. It's sitting there still ready but she needed to lay down for awhile to rest. She slept most all day yesterday except for a couple meals and restroom visits. She barely moved when the nurse came to meet her and check her vitals. It's pathetic.
She loves the Lord, has had a writing ministry with 153 private unpublished books as well as news letters she would share with friends. People she didn't know would call her anytime of day or night throughout the country for a word to help them through their own tough times while in the meantime she had her own.
She has been looking forward to passing so she's not a burden to anyone for years. Generally we pray for people to get better but not in this case. If you can, please pray for the Lord to take her ASAP, because it's a bad situation for all of us here at home. Thanks in advance :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, and will pray things end comfortably and well for her. Those are hard times for everyone.

·
Registered
20,696 Posts
Bob, I wish you strength in this moment of transition.

I am in a similar situation with my in-laws. My FIL fell last Saturday and fractured his hip. He has been bed ridden since then and we found out the hard way that there are no home-health aides available. We live in a different state and now face the possibility of having to move her mother in with us, when he goes in for surgery as he will end up in a skilled nursing facility. She's on full time oxygen for COPD as well as myriad other ailments. Just know that you are not alone and we are here to support one another.

·
Super Moderator
23,931 Posts
sorry to read this Bob...being able to have her w/you for now is at least a positive, try to just keep her comfortable and try to enjoy the time you are able to share moments and leave her w/a smile on her face...will pray any suffering she is having is minimal...take care.

·
Super Moderator
23,931 Posts
skrap...sorry to read of your families situation too...will keep them both in my prayers as well.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Sorry to hear this Beez. May her passing be painless, and filled with visions of her future in heaven. Prayers up.

Reactions: Geo Mc and beezer

·
Super Moderator
9,307 Posts
Sweetheart:

Bet you are right about why you suddenly had to be home. It was to be with and help care for her.

I am absolutely praying for God’s mercy here.

Love you, Bob.

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
63,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweetheart:

Bet you are right about why you suddenly had to be home. It was to be with and help care for her.

I am absolutely praying for God’s mercy here.

Love you, Bob.
Love you too!

I am in a similar situation with my in-laws. My FIL fell last Saturday and fractured his hip. He has been bed ridden since then and we found out the hard way that there are no home-health aides available. We live in a different state and now face the possibility of having to move her mother in with us, when he goes in for surgery as he will end up in a skilled nursing facility. She's on full time oxygen for COPD as well as myriad other ailments. Just know that you are not alone and we are here to support one another.
John, I'm sorry you have to go through it too.

·
Super Moderator
63,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She called to go to the bathroom and while she was there she was able to sponge bath. Now she feels cleaner and went back to bed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So sorry to hear of your struggles Beez and Scrap. I haven’t checked in all summer. It’s so hard watching someone you love going through illness, injury and ultimately the dying process, even though it may be a blessing for them.
Will keep you and your loved ones in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Try to be strong and do what you need to for yourself as well as them. 🙏🏻🤞🏼😢

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
There's always a plan. We may not see it at the time but, it's there. Back when we were having to take my wife for chemo in another town, we came out of the office to find a flat tire. Wife wasn't feeling well and all I wanted was to get her home and make her comfortable. Took me about 30 minutes to change the tire. Finally got out on the highway and came upon a bad multi-car accident. Fatalities were involved. It had happened about 30 minutes ago.
Have patience with her and remember that there is always a plan.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Beezer, first of all, heartfelt hugs to you. Prayers for strength & comfort for you. Prayers for peace & comfort for your mother. It is a very hard thing to let go of your mother, but it seems to be time. Enjoy the time you have left. Know that you are surrounded by love.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying that she finds peace soon. 🙏💜😢

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts

So sorry to hear this too. I'll be praying for you and your family too. 🙏💜

·
Registered
22,578 Posts
Sorry to hear this Beez. I pray for your strength and for her comfort.
With my father, we (sister and I) knew he was suffering no matter what we did. On one of his bad days, I gave him a kiss on his head and whispered that" everything was alright. We understand he misses mom, and that he's suffering. Then told him it's fine to let go and join mom and stop hurting.
Within an hour he was gone. Could just be coincidence, but I think not. A wise person once said they want dignity and won't go if someone is present. Letting him know we understood and he needed to do what was best for him in his mind was fine.

Skrap, also sorry for your situation. Our prayers go out to both of you. 🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Our constant prayers going out beez... Be strong and believe.

·
Administrator
6,148 Posts
Bob, my good friend, I just stumbled across this thread and I am at a loss for what to say to you except that we love you, we feel for you, and we will pray for you and your mother, your peace and your comfort.

We have always seen you pretty much as a happy-go-lucky, no-worries guy. You project that persona wonderfully well. But here, now, we can clearly see the depth and strength of the good person you really are and always have been.

Clearly you and your mom - not to forget Belinda - have a difficult and trying time ahead of you. May it be brief. Insofar as our good wishes and our prayers can have effect, we offer them unreservedly. Moreover, those of us who, like me, have the gift of time available, offer you any more practical help that you think to ask for.

Be strong, my brother. In the end, at the bottom of all, God is good.

·
Super Moderator
63,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for the kind words Mike as well as everyone. It's been tough on all of us but we'll get through it. I explained to Mom a little while ago that she is on hospice and won't be going to her normal doctor anymore. I told her the nurses will come to her and now we are looking at providing her comfort as opposed to longevity. I explained to her she doesn't need to fight anymore and that she can go be with the Lord whenever she's ready.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts