Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,233 Posts
thought the purpose of the ride is to get away from all the bs of the daily distractions like phone calls...guess I'm living in the past again or just not in the real world.
That sounds great in theory man, but real life does tend to get in the way when you're still in the working world. I use my Bluetooth for music about 99.9999% of the time, but occasionally I'm in a position to where I need to actually take an incoming phone call. That's where it becomes important that they not know I'm on my bike when I take one. As far as everyone else is concerned, I can't get calls while I'm on my bike. That translates out to me only taking calls that are actually important, not every incoming call.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I don't mind taking an inbound call when I'm riding. I can always talk someone through something in an emergency.

But I do follow some basic rules with the phone when riding or driving.
1) if the call is going to take more than a minute or two, pull over.
2) If I have to make a call, I always pull over. NEVER dial when riding or driving. It takes your attention away from the road ahead. Even though I have voice actuated dialing setup in the phone, I don't use it.
3) NEVER TXT on the road.

Helmet communication has it's advantages, ask any racing team. Hell, ask my wife. It gives her confidence and a time frame of when I'll be back, and if she on the back of the bike, she doesn't have to yell. (well most of the time, when she tells me to slow down, LOL!)

With respect to txting, most phones now have voice actuated txting. WHAT the hell is this? I've really never understood the psychology of texting. A simple phone call is quick and easy. Pull over, make the call and be back on the road when done.

·
Registered
795 Posts
thought the purpose of the ride is to get away from all the bs of the daily distractions like phone
calls...guess I'm living in the past again or just not in the real world.
My phone/sena smh5fm setup has caller announcement id and when riding i place restrictions on inbound calls with an app, i will only answer calls from my immediate family, they know when i'm out riding and know to ONLY call in an emergency.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts