Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Oooh, sorry to hear about it but glad to hear you're not hurt worse.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
So much for his HD review! No bull, glad its not worse. I hope you heal quickly and completely. Deer are my biggest concern!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Mark,

On vacation so did not get text until a few minutes ago when I work up, see you already posted. Do you need anything as I on a stay cation. Also for those talking about back roads, Rt 100 in Maryland is a 6 lane highway.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Humm, Dude ........... tough to count the blessings at time like this, but you'll be going home to your family and back in the saddle again before long.
Very glad it was not worse!

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Its one of those things that just cant be prevented. Relax and feel better.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
We have lots here too...and also one of my fears.

Get well soon, and sorry to hear about it. Although you don't look happy it appears you are in once piece and that's the main thing.

·
Super Moderator
20,510 Posts
**** Kitt...sorry to read this...glad your'e able to be posting so quickly tho...take care and hope the mending goes well....sucks big time tho. Noticed lots of deer out grazing about lately at nite on my way home from work.

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
So sorry to hear this. Prayers for quick healing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Prayers on the way.
Around here - you don't watch the deer that just crossed the road, it's the one behind it that get's you!

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
Crap, Mark! I'm sorry to hear that. If you need anything (within reason -- not a new bike) give me a shout. That's what neighbors are for.

·
Super Moderator
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ok, I'm home now...after a few tears, I am in a soft cast til the swelling goes down. I have to go to the Orthopaedic Dr. to get the hard cast this Friday. I was on Rt. 100(6 lane highway)in the left lane doing between 55-60mph. Deer came out the woods on my right side at full sprint, by the time I seen him there was nothing I could do but ready myself for the impact:blackeye: I had my feet on the highway pegs and the deer slammed into me on the right sideright between the front fender and the highway bars. The impact move me about 3 feet to the left and I kept the bike up(for a while):shock: By the right crash bar bending back and the peg snapping off where my foot was caused the break:crying: I could not use my foot to apply the rear brake so I headed to the grassy median pumping the front brake to slow down. When i got the bike stopped, I fell over to the left and jumped off and rolled. I was able to lift the bike cause I seen gas coming out from the fill cap on tank and not knowing if I had sparks or something i stood the bike up on its stand. I could not put a ounce of pressure on my right foot so I laid out on the grass and called 911. Police got their in 5 min and the EMT 2 min after(that was fast!!!). After I got out of the hospital, I went to the tow company where the bike was to get some things off and to see the damage. The forks have a twist to them, gas tank has a Hugh soft ball dent on right side, highway bars are toast as well as the pegs, front fender is dented and twisted and on the tire, light bar is toast, lowers are gone, signals toast and I know there are things I can't see:blackeye: Pic below.....

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Man Mark so glad you are ok!! Almost.

Hang in there man.

You must be stout to lift bike one legged :)

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Dayum Bro...First of All, Glad it wasn't any worse. The bike will fix but your Kranky A>S>S> would be hard to replace...Prayers/Good Wishes for You My Friend...Dayum rough way to get a New Bike though...

21 - 40 of 256 Posts