Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening VOL riders. I need some help and its kind of a desperate situation. I have an 03 VL 800 and someone tried a screwdriver on the ignition. This resulted in the key being loose while in so I would just take it out after starting it. Well it started getting pretty loose and I was riding through some Puddles the other day because I couldn't avoid them while rushing to get to work. The bike ended up stalling on me three times on the way home after work. I had previously before this taking the ignition switch Barrel apart cleaned it out and put it back in and the bike fired right up. I figured out that the bike stalling was a result of the ignition switch. Now I have a universal for terminal switch until my real one plus all the wiring comes in because I still have to get to work and I only ride on twos. Can someone please tell me what four out of the six wires go where on the new Universal 4 post. I need lights because I get off around midnight. I only have to do this for a few days and then the igni
Automotive lighting Finger Cameras & optics Point-and-shoot camera Camera lens
tion switch that plugs right into the harness will be here. Please help me if somebody knows.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Welcome to the site. I don't know. But hang tight someone will be along that does.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you do a search of the site for ignition switch wiring you will find you information. There is a resistor between 2 of the wires and 2 of them are for parking lights and can be just connected together.

George

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Thanks George. I figured someone would show up that knows something.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts