Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will buy your spare bulbs...anytime. PM me.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
You looking for just the replacement bulbs or the glass assembly out of the OEM lightbar lights?

·
Registered
235 Posts
light bulbs

After the first five went bad I switched to sealed beam tractor bulbs from NAPA. Strangely enough I haven't had one of these blow in over a year. So far thats a lot better than the junk that Suzuki is selling for bulbs in the stock light bar.
I did go riding with a buddy a few weeks ago and he bought ten of these because they were going bad so often. Replaced his first one for this season on our first ride of the season.

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts
Re: light bulbs

misguidedute said:
After the first five went bad I switched to sealed beam tractor bulbs from NAPA. Strangely enough I haven't had one of these blow in over a year. So far thats a lot better than the junk that Suzuki is selling for bulbs in the stock light bar.
I did go riding with a buddy a few weeks ago and he bought ten of these because they were going bad so often. Replaced his first one for this season on our first ride of the season.
I had4 seasons and 35,000 on the tractor bulbs before they were squished by a Ford

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
I did the same thing. Blew both the left and right bulbs after only a few days. :( Stealer replaced them free the first time.

Those blew out in a few days too! Suzuki bulbs are crap! :x

Tried Honda bulbs which some had success with and one melted the connector. I caught it before it caused any further damage! Tossed the Honda bulbs! :evil:

Finally chnaged to sealed beam 4411's in mid 2002 and have not had one go out since. :wayhappy:

·
Administrator
53,858 Posts
I'm still using the factory Suzi bulbs, after a year and a half. :?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Honda BULBS last forever... Suzuki bulbs suck!

No soldering required, install just like the Suzuki bulbs
Honda bulb # is 34901-MN1-671.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
No soldering required with the sealed tractor beams 4411's either.

strip the wire & bulb connector off from inside the stock light bucket and wrap the wires around the screws on the back of the 4411's. granted, it would be BEST to solder...but if not available, just be sure to secure all wires behind those screws ;)

yeah...suz bulbs suck. altho the ones i had only blew each side once, and thats all it took to go to the 4411 at the end of 2006 season. haven't had a lick of trouble since.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Scout said:
I will buy your spare bulbs...anytime. PM me.
Save your money and put the 4411's on. It takes about $20 for the two bulbs and half an hour of time and you're done. No worries or blown bulb in the 12K on the 4411's.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
wehrd1 said:
No soldering required with the sealed tractor beams 4411's either.

strip the wire & bulb connector off from inside the stock light bucket and wrap the wires around the screws on the back of the 4411's. granted, it would be BEST to solder...but if not available, just be sure to secure all wires behind those screws ;)

yeah...suz bulbs suck. altho the ones i had only blew each side once, and thats all it took to go to the 4411 at the end of 2006 season. haven't had a lick of trouble since.
A better, safer way would be to install ring terminals on the ends of the leads. You're asking for trouble if you just wrap the wire around the screws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts