Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Holy Moly! I just saw the pictures of your bike. That was a nasty one.

The "L" word? It depends. My wife and I were rear ended about ten years ago. The other person's insurance company was there all the way, making sure we got the right medical care, and telling us that as soon as we were wanting to settle, they'd be willing to talk. I think they did a very fair job at settling.

My daughter, on the other hand, was rear ended by someone insured by Allstate. They started nasty and got worse. She ended up getting a lawyer just to get medical attention.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wow.... I just looked at the pix.

You're a lucky man.

Those Lindby's are bent way the heck over!!!! Aren't they supposed to stay true?

That sure gives me an idea of the force of the impact!! MAN! Those babies are BENT!

UPDATE:
I just saw this thread: http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=12155&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Makes me take pause in considering these bars.

But if that bar damage was from clipping the car, that may be expected. If the damage is from sliding, then those bars on not good....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Any landing you can walk away from.... well, sounds like you may have limped ... lol... Sorry to hear this.... I've had that very thing happened.. only I missed the bumper by inches and hit a ditch... then it was all over as I layed it down (purposely) because it was all mud and like ice.

So.... it's really good you had that gear on. I've been reluctant to go without it.. tho it's hot... I think you just convinced me to wear it anyway.
Let us know how you are doing.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wow...just read about this. Glad it had a happy ending, i.e., you're ok and were able to walk(well, almost) away from it with only minor injuries. Thank God!

W :) :) Dmiester

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey let me add my wishes for your complete recovery soonest!!
Since you don't yet know the complete damages, I'd get a lawyer, or at least talk to someone here that volunteered more info. In no way should you settle on medical or anything else. It could take a lot more tests to see what's wrong with the knee area.

Also, I'd take off all the accessories you can that are still good. I can't see them totaling the bike, but talk to Wade about his experience.

You can always put them back on. :)

Brenda. GET WELL!

·
Registered
178 Posts
man ... whew ... thaks God it was no worse ... bad enough I am sure ... Prayers for you and your family man ...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts