Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had just rained but I wanted to take the bike to the store. I've ridden in the rain and after rain storms plenty and never had any issues. Today I hit the decel lane and went to turn into the parking lot and the back wheel felt like it hit glare ice. It went right out from under me and before I knew what was happening, my ass was on the pavement. The guy in the van behind me stopped and so did the lady in front of me. They both thought I was ready to go to the ER. No injuries outside of a little road rash on my elbow. Somehow it ripped a $500 Saddlemen seat right off the fender. Musta been a sheen of oil on that wet pavement but I looked at it pretty closely. It just looked like normal road pavement to me. I wasn't doing much over 5 mph. I still don't know what happened. That's the first time my Michelin's failed to hold the road.

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Also glad to hear you're OK, and it wasn't any worse. I don't do rain well at all either.

·
Super Moderator
25,625 Posts
Well, that sucks! I'm glad that you're OK though. Grab yourself two beers, one for the road rash and one to drink.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
No one likes hearing this.
Glad you're ok.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Glad to hear you’re ok. Sux about the seat, but that’s fixable. One angel down and eight more to go.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Glad to hear you’re ok. Sux about the seat, but that’s fixable. One angel down and eight more to go.
Wait, what?
There's a limit?

Reactions: Rob 61

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. Bike's are fixable (I should know :( )

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fall but sure glad you're okay.

There are plenty of seats out there but only one you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for the well wishes. Bike is all fixed up and running better than ever. Woke up with a sore back and left leg. I just jumped right back on it today and ran 40 miles, just a little more careful on the wet spots.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts