Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
spitfire said:
BensVolusia said:
We'll keep her limber while she's here......lots of up and down, and moving all around. She should be ready for anything Froggy and the rest of them could throw at her.
We'll see if that will make her ready for this gang. She may be broken for ever.

She just don't know what she's in for !!!!!!!
.. LOL.. you guys/gals are not even scarying me... As long as I get hugs (and maybe a few kisses) I will be happy... ohhhh yeah... you hubby is one I want them from too! :) and a few others... hehhehe I still can not believe the time is finally here!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
jbcruzin said:
get better there girl..........so doc said no bike .......does a sidecar count??????? :twisted:
hey my friend HOW ARE YOU??????

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Update...............Today 6 weeks and 1 day out...

Xrays Today...... I was hoping to get rid of the crutches.. but the doc showed me that I my legs do not remember how to walk... & my left thigh turned to jelly, so I get the joy of start physical Therapy next week.... (joy joy). hmmmm..

So the deal with the crutches....

Today I can start to put some weight on my leg about 25% weight bearing, but I have to use the crutches and keep the brace on.

Next week about 50% weight bearing, and a little less help from the crutches, but I still have to wear the brace.

The following week 75% weight bearing, and even less use of the crutches, but I still have to wear the brace!

Then the last week I get to throw the crutches in the attic.. I will get a smaller brace, and maybe a cane for a short time...

So I am still bummed, but I guess I could expect them to go away...BUT I get to MOVE my knee and put some weight on it...

Thanks for all the kind words... you all are special folks...

xoxoxoxooxoxo

So that means a total of 10 weeks with these things... WELL all in all it could be worse ... right!??!

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
It COULD have been worse, the doc could have said no travel! Then you wouldn't have met all of us. :(

The main thing is that you are getting healed up and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. ( look out for the train).

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
Jules - I cut the tendons and nerves in my left hand on July 21, had surgery the first week of August to repair all the damage. Then 8 weeks of physical theraphy and no riding the bike. I wasn't given the OK to ride until the first week of October.

Yes it stinks to wait and be off the bike that long, but it'something you have to do. Time goes by, keep your chin up, your in the homestretch now and making progress.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Glad to hear of your positive progress. At least this didn't happen in May! By the Spring it will be as if you never had the accident at all.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Glad to hear you're healing Julie.

The PT will be over before you know it.

Heal fast.
Dennis

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
wiseguydave said:
Nice to hear there is progress being made. Be patient and do what the Doc says, even though I'm sure you can't wait to ride.... :wink:

yes-yes-yes

just do what doc say's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BAAAAAAAAAAAAH

·
Registered
17,974 Posts
Glad you're healing up quickly, Julie. The worst thing about a cracked bone
is the pain--much worse usually, than a "complete" fracture. The best thing is
that, because it's non-displaced, you'll most likely have a 100% chance of a
complete recovery without complications down the road.

I can't believe you were able to ride your bike home. Amazing! Says something
about a tuff little lady, and a tuff little bike! Hang in there .. in a few weeks,
you'll have a much, much better perspective on the whole thing!! Best wishes!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
dr love said:
wiseguydave said:
Nice to hear there is progress being made. Be patient and do what the Doc says, even though I'm sure you can't wait to ride.... :wink:
yes-yes-yes

just do what doc say's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BAAAAAAAAAAAAH
hahhaha will that help with my recovery??

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Dear Julie,

Thank you for the update. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you'll still be on crutches for TG, but that by Christmas you will be well on your way to recovery. Sorry it is taking so long, but you are smart to do this by the book. I'll look forward to a Washington get together and ride this spring. Do you go out into the garage and hold Petals? Clint

221 - 236 of 236 Posts