Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been the winter that just won't quit. Here it is, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, and we just got hit with more snow. I toughed out a wet and wild ride home after work late yesterday, now this!

They say wind chills today will be in the teens and 20's.

As I write this, there has been no snow plow dropping sand on the roads. I hope they don't. It will set me back a few days of riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Got a good coating in North Attleboro, MA. Brought the bike to the shop on Monday for inspection sticker and good check-up. Will be an interesting ride home this afternoon.

Be safe everyone

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh I hear your pain
We got quite a bit of snow yesterday after a gorgeous weekend. Good thing I did my gardens and fertilized the lawn LOL LOL. I am hoping that this weekend is nice and I can get out on my bike! This year is driving me crazy.

Katie

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yesterday was our turn, then it went east to you. We had 1 1/2 inches on the cars, house and grass and just a little dusting on the road

·
Super Moderator
8,888 Posts
I had hopes of being able to pick up my Victory today from the shop where I had it serviced and inspected. HAH!

Three inches of new snow, lying on top of a sheet of ice. Oh, and both the state and the town plowed and salted the roads overnight.

Aargh!

·
Registered
72 Posts
same here in Rochester. had ice issues and all the towns salted again!!!!!!! I just bought my bike Monday night..... what a tease

·
Registered
120 Posts
25 degrees & 3" of snow with ice underneath. Glad I didn't try to ride in at 5:30 this morning. Hospital driveway & parking lot were worse than the main roads.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got 1 1/2 inches of snow last night here in Litchfield, CT. One of the state's snowplows filled my driveway with a nice layer of ice and snow. On the lighter side, I'm retired with no place to go.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
It's been the winter that just won't quit. Here it is, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, and we just got hit with more snow. I toughed out a wet and wild ride home after work late yesterday, now this!

They say wind chills today will be in the teens and 20's.

As I write this, there has been no snow plow dropping sand on the roads. I hope they don't. It will set me back a few days of riding.
I'm sorry. :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That's pretty a rough wake up call in Maine, Michigan, CT and elsewhere. But just so you don't start feeling sorry for yourselves, we have it pretty bad here in Southern California too.
Here is what we have to wake up to!

What- only two girls this morning!? What is this #%*@ world coming to!?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts