Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long 30 days. I finally got to ride my new to me Honda 05 1300 R Champion trike. Awesome baby!!:wayhappy: put 85 miles on this pm. Should have done this 2.5 years ago. Rides much better than I expected. I'll be riding much more and longer than I used to. If you ever get a chance to drive a trike do it. I bought mine never having driven one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always wondered how's it to steer ??? How different is it ???
90 degree turns are very different. No leaning. You push/pull. You feel the bike and the road. Kinda like being on a rail. Large sweeping turns are great. No need to slow down. Power out of the turn. No worry about drifting off to the right and running of the road. You do need to be aware of the wide ass end. Mine is 54". Found myself thumping the yellow reflectors with the rear tire. Not good with oncoming traffic. Breaking is the best thing I like. Stops on a dime. 3 wheel disc. VERY different the Vol breaking.
Breaking and being able to stay upright are the things that drove me to a trike. The extra 500cc is great also. I can run the interstate with much comfort.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Nice! But, why the delay in bringing her home? Does it have to do with licencing? Safety?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealer was waiting for parts that were held up in Atlanta.
3 times parts held up because of weather.:smoking: Removing the motor from the frame to replace both top and bottom jug gaskets, water passage orings, Thermostat and replacing petcock diaphragm and screen, rejeting, spark plugs, oil change etc. is very expensive.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yesterday I said it was raining motorcycles and now I see it's raining Trikes too! It seems everybody is getting a new toy this year. Who's next?! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The dealer was waiting for parts that were held up in Atlanta.
Bought it as is not knowing about the head gaskets and pet ****. Temp Light didn't come on till 1/2 hour of riding. Very little water in the system. The rest of the stuff is collateral damage and "While your in there". Pet **** diaphragm didn't show up until repair test drive. 20,000 miles. Now the bike is good to go.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Good looking conversion...................trikes are quite different from standard 2 wheel bikes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts