Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 C50T that I ride with my son with down syndrome. He loves riding, almost more than food! Our bike came with a cracked fender. I bought a replacement for both the front and back, but never got around to installing them. I also have hard bags, a fairing, and a few other bits and pieces I would like to install it have installed. I am mechanically inclined, but would like someone who knows what they are doing to guide me, or explain to me what they are doing as they do the work. I could take it to a local shop and have them do everything, but I gain no knowledge that way. I can pay someone who is willing to help meet gain some knowledge. I'm a school teacher, so I am limited somewhat in funds (aren't we all these days) but I can pay for your time and expertise. Anyone in the metro Detroit area that can help please pm me. I appreciate your time.

·
Super Moderator
25,587 Posts
shame you don't live closer to us riders here in new England...we have wrench party's every year where those kind of projects are always being done and free of charge as well.Good luck on finding some help. Theres always folks here willing to offer some helpful suggestions. Nice to hear your son is riding w/you. Ride safe in 2022.

·
Super Moderator
33,488 Posts
If you were in my area, I'd help you out for beer and good conversation. Hopefully there's someone in your area that can help out.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Member Slimbone is in your area and has wrenched his bike into many different variations. He hasn't been on the forum in a long time but still might get PM notifications. Wouldn't hurt to try sending him a message.

Reactions: SSquire and Whiskey

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Member Slimbone is in your area and has wrenched his bike into many different variations. He hasn't been on the forum in a long time but still might get PM notifications. Wouldn't hurt to try sending him a message.
I remember his bobber. I might just send him a pm if no one else can help. Thanks

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
If all else fails, invite everyone out to a small rally and wrench party! It's an easy one-day ride from a lot of places.

Edit: (Or even if it doesn't!)

·
Registered
399 Posts
The front fender is easy to replace except you do have to remove the front wheel. 2 bolts on each side of fender and the fender comes off...You may have to detach the front brake hose from the retaining bracket.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I never thought the front one would be that hard, but the back one I did. I also have a fairing, some hard bags, running lights, etc... Lots of things have been on the backburners and sitting for a while. I just got to get off my but and get er done. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.