Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,350 Posts
Let's see, you can claim SS at, what, 62.5? That puts retirement for me at 2037. That means the big one will happen in 2036. That, or maybe summer of 2037. I might get a taste of it for a couple of months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Retirement is for pussies anyway. Don’t waste your time thinking about it. Most men die within a few years of retirement. By the time you retire you’re too old to do all of the fun shit you wanted to do with your free time anyhow.

·
Super Moderator
24,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
don't know about that...been retired since 2018...at age 66...my thinking then was I got 10 good years left hopefully/realisticly of my body cooperating enough to allow me to do whatever I want to do...anything after that is bonus, if it calls it quits and breaks down before then...then whatever...life is a gamble...my plan is to live to 100...why?...who knows...who cares...but it gives me a reason and a goal to try to live by healthy living...so far its been great...never enough money but enough to enjoy myself living a simpler lifestyle... riding my mc...playing alot of golf...kayaking...and just recently took up freshwater fishing...all which gets me out of the house, out of the wifes hair...keeps me active and around people...hit Planet Fitness 3-4 times a week which helps to keep these old bones from becoming useless...its all about attitude I guess...nothing wrong with spending your time in a recliner during retirement or traveling the world if your able, but for me, I am enjoying every minute of it.doing what I enjoy most, not to mention annoying the h#ll out of Beez.

·
Super Moderator
31,350 Posts
Retirement is for pussies anyway. Don’t waste your time thinking about it. Most men die within a few years of retirement. By the time you retire you’re too old to do all of the fun shit you wanted to do with your free time anyhow.
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

A friend and I used to talk about this. We should set up SS to pay people in their 20s. Let everyone have 10 years of retirement after high school to find themselves and enjoy life, then back to work until you die. It would never work, of course. Just like youth is wasted on the young, retirement is wasted on old monkeys who just want to annoy Beezer.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts