Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had posted early on that I had the spitting and sputtering issue with my 2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard.... I took it to a local Shop which was no help and did not specialize in Suzuki motorcycles; so $800.00 later I decided to take it to Riva Motorsports in Miami which are an authorized Suzuki service center..... Now the issue is the spitting and sputtering at low rpm and low speed.... So far they replaced the Stator and CPK all one unit, they replaced the fuel injectors and the ignition switch.... after all is said and done the third time they said the bike was a 100%, sent me on my way but the problem still remains.... Spiting and sputtering at low RPM and between 0 - 40 miles and hour.... I don't feel it is safe to ride at this point, I do not know what to do at this point either, other than go back to the shop to try and get a refund after they put all the old parts back on; since it did not help.... Any great advice would be helpful.... Signed Frustrated ans Stressed!!!!

BTW I have not ridden my bike for 6 months!!!

·
Registered
21,205 Posts
Did you try running the bike without the aftermarket fuel processor? I would put it back to stock as much as possible, then diagnose from there.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I am mystified when I see posts like this that suggest the shop did not ride the bike first before calling the owner and saying its fixed? Way too many instances where a shop says its fixed and then a few miles down the road the issues that brought the bike in are still present? Confounding for sure.... It seems all they care is getting the money and sending the rider down the road and then the shop is in the drivers seat on whether to refund or continue diagnosing.

Reactions: PopPop

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The after market processor is off... Same issue with it on or off....

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
maybe the processor is not working
with a k&n and pips you will be lean
try putting a stock air filter back in

Reactions: SuzukiRamblinMan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the issues with the shop riding the bike, it seems they looked past the issue with the sputtering on the low rpm and low speed.... and went balls to the wall with it where it doesn't have an issue..... BTW... the shop said the aftermarket processor is out of tolerance... But when I wrote Power Commander: they said, there would be no way if the shop knew if it was, they wouldn't have the equipment to diagnose that. They said the shop didn't know what they were talking about...

·
Super Moderator
25,610 Posts
had a similar issue a few years back...higher speeds...no problem...from start to around 30 mph...not good...totally dumfounded techs until one noticed spark plug wire may not be making a good connection...replaced the wire and presto...problem solved. Think they were more embarrased to tell me it was something that simple...and yeah they had tried alot of other things before the catch. Flipped me the keys and said Enjoy. Good luck on your situation

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
forgot i had something similar, but mine was on a carb, cause by bad vac line on the petc0ck

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@DCinCT yep, you would thing they would check that out; I replaced the plugs a while back and use the Iridium plugs... They are awesome.... But I have not changed the wires and do not think they have even thought of that... That would be something to think it was that, I would request a full refund and all the old parts put back on since the new parts didn't fix the issue anyway....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@mdram the first shop was fixated on a vacuum leak but never found one, so don't really think it is that... But who knows, they could have caused one in the 3 months they have had the bike....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So... Update!!! I just spoke with the GM at the Shop... Told him what it was doing this morning while trying to get to work and almost getting creamed by a cage.... Anyway, I'm taking it back to the shop this afternoon and he is supposedly taking the lead on it, he did sound like he would... That just means he will put a thumb on the mechanic, to check some of the basic things like DCinCT mentioned... I told him I don't have any more money to throw at this... he said don't worry he will take care of it... What do you guys and gals think.....

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
tell them you do not authorize any charge

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
tell them you do not authorize any charge
In Writing - prior to them doing any further work on the bike. I've been there and had the service manager deny that we even had a discussion on charges. Fortunately, I had a witness to the conversation. Otherwise, they would not have released my bike and we would have been going to court.

·
Administrator
57,155 Posts
Have they:

a) checked the compression of BOTH cylinders, using a leak-down test method?

b) disconnected the kill switch, side-stand switch, or the clutch switch to determine if a failure?

c) checked the resistance of the spark plug leads, and/or checked the ignition coils for intermittent firing?

Sounds as if everyone involved is simply "parts replacing" in hopes of moving the machine out the door.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
need to get your money back from both!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Being in the business of cleaning fuel tanks and injectors we see this more often than most.

You stated you haven't rode the bike in six months, with that being the case I would look at "old gas".

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Reading this tread reminds me why I learned to maintain/repair my bikes myself. Also, reminds me why forums like this are so valuable.

Here's hoping draining the old gas and running a tank of seafoam fixes the problem.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Reading this tread reminds me why I learned to maintain/repair my bikes myself. Also, reminds me why forums like this are so valuable.

Here's hoping draining the old gas and running a tank of seafoam fixes the problem.

Ride Safe!
Reading this thread reminds me why I ride a carbureted bike. Sorry, but it does.
But I do hope the OP gets it figured out.

·
Super Moderator
33,550 Posts
Sounds as if everyone involved is simply "parts replacing" in hopes of moving the machine out the door.
We used to call it troubleswapping instead of troubleshooting. Sadly it's far too common from repair technicians.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.