Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Suzuki intruder 800 ( vs800gl ) bike has been running great . went for an 80 mile ride the other day no problem came home parked bike in garage . came out next day went to start bike dead wouldn't start . just a slight click then all lights dead . hooked up to battery charger it said 79% charged so I charged it then went to start nothing ? all light died again pooped battery on charge again charged for two minute then bike started and I went for a ride , shut bike off and couldn't restart . after some playing bike started and would run pooped a few times in 4th gear and died out twice . got it home checked battery connection everything seems tight but go to start and all light go dead and try's to start then nothing . im at a loss . PLEASE HELP OR LEND ADVICE

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
replace the battery. if pruchase dry, add electrolight, slow charge on 2-5 amps for hours, let rest and then place it in the bike.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
sounds like a dead cell in the battery
replace it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would give the charging system a check too. Check the voltage with the bike at idle and then at higher RPM. My VFR had problems with the rectifier and wouldn't give enough charging voltage at low RPM, gradually running any battery down. I retrofitted a solid state rectifier in and problem solved.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
The battery is new . It has been replaced less than two months ago
new batteries go bad too, take it back and have it load tested

Reactions: rvcycleguy

·
Registered
238 Posts
check bat cables make sure there realy tight mine done the same thing and I was baffled cause I thought I had them tight enough but they wasn't try snugging them a lil more and see if that helps

·
Registered
579 Posts
battery

Take the battery to a auto parts store (or the dealer where you bought it) and have it checked. If they do it right it will take about 4 hours (advance auto did mine) sure enough had a dead cell. I had put the charger on mine and left it overnight and it still wouldn't start . New battery at Advance ($80.00) and it fired right up and runs fine.
For $176.00 and only 2 months old the dealer should replace that battery for nothing. Mine for 80 bucks had a 1 year 100% warranty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Ty for all the help . I tested battery it's all good . Even under a load . I found my rectifier was slightly loose , and just snugged up on battery terminals . Seems to be ok ? Went for a short 5 mile test ride it seems ok . Only time will tell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.