Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me please. I just got done rejetting for my hurricane intake. I also got V&H straights with baffles in, but I already had it jetted when I got the pipes, now I decided to try my self with the intake. I used 142 main and 45 pilot like I saw in some of the other threads. Now for the problem... It starts fine and idles fine when i go through the gears it starts to spit sputter and backfire like its going to cut off, but if i barely get on the throttle it wont and there is no top end it wont let me get on the throttle hard enough. I tried messing with the mixture screw but it didn't seem to help none. Any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Sounds like you are running too lean - not enough gas passing the needle after 1/2 throttle. I had the same problem at 3/4+ throttle, and was a problem with needle+final jet mix...changed the needle shim about 4 times before getting it right...

Did you use 1, 2, or 3 of the washers from motorcyclecarbs.com? Or did you use a Dyno-Jet kit?

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
R2FF said:
Great, thanks i'm going to try it now. if i need more i'll be back.
thanks again
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMVOVE THE BELL HOUSING in an attempt to plug the main air jet. You can plug it with the bell housing in place. Again, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE BELL HOUSING! You've been warned! :lol:

Wade

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
The Volusianator said:
R2FF said:
Great, thanks i'm going to try it now. if i need more i'll be back.
thanks again
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMVOVE THE BELL HOUSING in an attempt to plug the main air jet. You can plug it with the bell housing in place. Again, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE BELL HOUSING! You've been warned! :lol:

Wade
Bwaaaa!!!!! Now you tell him - he stepped out about 5 minutes ago... :shock: :D :lol: :scream:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts