Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Dang Leo, I just read this thread. I'm happy to hear you are healing well but mad that the $%&@ that caused this is getting off scott free, that dirty bastage! I wish you continued speedy healing.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, but happy to hear you are healing up. As for the driver who caused this, at least they have insurance. I don't think state minimum liability requirements have kept pace with medical and vehicle costs. In some states, the minimum is only $5000. Someone could back into my bike, knock it over, and cause $5000 in damage. It's too bad they don't have deep pockets to compensate you for your pain and suffering, which I am sure has been immense.

Best wishes for a full recovery. Hang in there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I REALLY REALLY hate two things:
1) A motorcyclist taken down by a distracted cager, be it short-term or long-term, including or not tha loss of the bike.
2) The cager(s) saying that silly excuse "I didn't see him/her".

Very unfair, to say the least, that you and anyone who gets in a wreck due to distracted-while-at -the-wheel drivers has to pay in pain and time lost and $$. If I see a cager with the phone on the hand I try to remind them it is against the law to mess around with those things while driving by blowing the horn at them and hand-sign asking them about the calling device...

Thanks God you are alive, sir.

I truly wish you recover completely very soon and get back on the road.

May The Lord protect all of us motorcyclists against the road dangers!

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Leo, sorry I missed this. I have had so much medical stuff here lately my self as to miss this. I hope you a speedy recovery with God's speed. I had my wrist fractured 3 places from my wreck May'11 that still gives me grief...all I will say is "The extremes that people will go through to avoid a ride with me"...lmao Wish you the utmost recovery Leo...

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Leo, I just saw this as well. So sorry to hear about the accident. That's sure mucks up a happy retirement. Glad to hear you are on the mend, but I know nothing really compensates you for the lost time & suffering. Hope the healing progresses quickly and you can be back on the road roamin'.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Earth to Leo.
Talk to us buddy.
How are you recovering?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts