Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Literary Credit to Dr. Hunter S Thompson, "Song of the Sausage Creature"

You forgot to add that to your original post.
This is true, if you have never read this article guys... it is Hunters best work of his later life. He loved fast motorcycles... and even rode a BSA when he was riding with the Hells Angels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Back in the 750cc Norton's heyday, (1969), it was the only Super Bike, that could whup the Kawasaki 500 X 3 cylinder, 2 stroke bike in a straight line run.
Wasn't more than a few years later, and Kawasaki built a 750 X 3 cylinder, 2 stroke.....shortly there-after, followed by Kaw's 900cc 4 cylinder, 4 stroker.....and so on.
This Dunstall could kick the tar out of a kiwi triple. And the Norton could turn:). It wasn’t until Kawasaki put out the DOHC 900 that the death knell was sounded for britbikes. I had the dreaded root beer and orange for two weeks a few years ago. I bought it... rode it three times. Almost perished... sold it for a big profit :). I still remember the night I took a friends 900 through a measured mile and some southerners hanging with us said “I ain’t never seen anything that crazy...” jeans... a leather jacket and an open faced Bell helmet... dear lord...

The pure terror these bikes instill... it’s not like a modern super bike. These bikes were bottomless pits of torque could not keep wheels on the ground and had the aerodynamics of a safe....

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, better get a Kawi 750 X 3 to add to the shed.
Oh gawd how I wish. The bike was simply awesome. I would want another root beer and orange 900 before that

·
Administrator
53,291 Posts
This Dunstall could kick the tar out of a kiwi triple. And the Norton could turn:). It wasn’t until Kawasaki put out the DOHC 900 that the death knell was sounded for britbikes. I had the dreaded root beer and orange for two weeks a few years ago. I bought it... rode it three times. Almost perished... sold it for a big profit :). I still remember the night I took a friends 900 through a measured mile and some southerners hanging with us said “I ain’t never seen anything that crazy...” jeans... a leather jacket and an open faced Bell helmet... dear lord...

The pure terror these bikes instill... it’s not like a modern super bike. These bikes were bottomless pits of torque could not keep wheels on the ground and had the aerodynamics of a safe....

I was able to take a quick ride on the Kaw triple 350's 500's, 750's, but only one time on a 900 Kaw. Rode almost everything that arrived at the shop, on a daily basis.
NY State MC inspector, so the brakes had to be tested......I always called the Bossman to ride the Big Harley Dressers.....My legs were too short for those AMF heavies. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did someone say 'cafe racer'? If motivation to finish a project came in a bottle of beer, this bike would have been on the road years ago. Tomorrow I promise to get back to it, first I gotta finish the tank. Next is to bend the exhaust pipes, initially I was thinking a 2 into 1 crossover setup like on the Guzzi Griso, but now I'm thinking pipes each side with large radius bends like on the Vincent. Yeah, whatever Mark, just get on with it.

Cheers, Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
Some people will tell you that slow is good -- and it may be, on some days -- but I am here to tell you that
fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon
will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba....

This is my favorite part of the whole story. I love this guy, and everything he ever wrote. What a rare breed. Gonzo for life, Gonzo for death.

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now things are getting weird. Im about to own a dirt tracker cafe as well.

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.

Reactions: mfile2000

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hang on...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts