Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not without scars on my brain and my body, but I can live with them. I still feel a shudder in my spine every time I see a picture of a Vincent Black Shadow, or when I walk into a public restroom and hear crippled men whispering about the terrifying Kawasaki Triple... I have visions of compound femur-fractures and large black men in white hospital suits holding me down on a gurney while a nurse called "Bess" sews the flaps of my scalp together with a stitching drill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
26,363 Posts
Well that escalated quickly.

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that escalated quickly.
I think this one actually might do me in... :). It’s senselessly fast and the only brakes are the engine... why yes, that’s a real Dunstall tank...

·
Super Moderator
26,363 Posts
I'm not a fan of cafe racers, I don't think I'd ever own one, but that one does look nice.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I think this one actually might do me in... :). It’s senselessly fast and the only brakes are the engine... why yes, that’s a real Dunstall tank...

I see brakes.

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
how about some history on the mc Mr E....

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how about some history on the mc Mr E....
Well, I am really, finally getting out of motorcycle touring and really looking forward to playing with my first love... motorcycles :). Modern motorcycles are as boring as watching paint dry and I’ve been itching to get some vintage bikes.

Although this bike has seen a lot of unoriginal work, it is a real Dunstall Norton, circa 1973. That means it could outrun anything in production... in 1973. It is loud, has a thump that would make a Harley go home and hide under its mommas skirt and was voted “most likely to kill its owner” by its classmates.

Some local guy did all the work on the bike. It is magnificent. I traded him the Ural for it.

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not a fan of cafe racers, I don't think I'd ever own one, but that one does look nice.
It is a cafe racer, whiskey... but it is a real one. This is not some chopped up classic... Norton and Dunstall made these bikes for scaring the crap out of people at the Isle of Mann, etc. :)

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
26,363 Posts
Didn't realize you had actually bought it, or bartered for it, I guess. Congrats! That bike is older than me, and definitely twice as cool.

·
Administrator
29,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn't realize you had actually bought it, or bartered for it, I guess. Congrats! That bike is older than me, and definitely twice as cool.
My third, again. With the Ural gone my Harley can stay at home. I am upgrading my outdoor storage for a shed and will have dry safe storage for the Norton and the flathead. Plus the GS is still in the garage right now... with talks to possibly trade it for an old R80GS Paris Dakar... the only GS I haven’t owned!

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Administrator
53,291 Posts
Back in the 750cc Norton's heyday, (1969), it was the only Super Bike, that could whup the Kawasaki 500 X 3 cylinder, 2 stroke bike in a straight line run.
Wasn't more than a few years later, and Kawasaki built a 750 X 3 cylinder, 2 stroke.....shortly there-after, followed by Kaw's 900cc 4 cylinder, 4 stroker.....and so on.

·
Super Moderator
59,338 Posts
Well, better get a Kawi 750 X 3 to add to the shed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts