Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used hypercharger and am wondering what it would take to mount it to an 02 Volusia ? I don't have the adapter plate and can't find one anywhere
Also re jetting info would be nice
Or should I just sell it

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I bought a used hypercharger and am wondering what it would take to mount it to an 02 Volusia ? I don't have the adapter plate and can't find one anywhere
Also re jetting info would be nice
Or should I just sell it
You'll shoot your eye out!

·
Registered
398 Posts
The trick is to attach the thing to an airbox. I built the first one ever done back in 2002, from memory. You can get away with a rectangular can, I think you can get paint stripper in them. It's the right size to slip into the rubber bit of air trunking that goes to the carb. Just cut a hole in the side, drill some mounting holes and bodge it on any way you can. Ask me nice and I'll try and find some photos...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have the square s curved rubber hose an clamps just wonding if there is more I need as I don't have access to my bike ATM it's in storage for the mn winter I'll send pics asap and if someone has any on mounting or where to get a kit from it'd be much appreciated!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Here's all you need to know about jetting, assuming you have a set of derestricted pipes... https://www.volusiariders.com/58-motors-transmissions-drives/103608-hypercharger.html

I did a little digging. This was a standard Harley bracket for the Hypercharger, with my home made tin airbox adaptor behind it.

The prototype was made from one of these:

Once I knew it worked, I made up a proper one from sheet metal and welded a nice base into it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok , read the post and I'm assuming I should just take it to a mechanic
?
I can put jets in a carb but can't tune it by ear lol
Couldn't figure out what size jet you used
( Or I'd order some) not trying to make massive hp just want it to run with the hypercharger

·
Registered
398 Posts
With open pipes, I'd start with a 200 jet, or maybe a 170-180 if you have baffles in there still. A lot depends on temperature and altitude, too, though I recommend the air line from the back of the Hypercharger to the float bowl (that is a standard trick on the Yamahas with Hyperchargers, I understand).

Just run it and see how the spark plugs look - nice and grey/brown is what you're aiming for. Sooty black and you're too rich, white and you're too lean and burning the plugs. It isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
19,345 Posts
Ok , read the post and I'm assuming I should just take it to a mechanic
?
I can put jets in a carb but can't tune it by ear lol
Couldn't figure out what size jet you used
( Or I'd order some) not trying to make massive hp just want it to run with the hypercharger
There is no hidden HP for you to unleash. With a proper tune, you re going to see 4 or 5 additional Hp. The bike will be appreciably louder, including through the intake. I don't like the product because it sticks out farther than the OEM filter housing and pushes my leg out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't like the product because it sticks out farther than the OEM filter housing and pushes my leg out.
I, on the other hand, like the fact that it pushes my leg out slightly, because it stops me burning my leg on the exhaust. Sometimes. À chacun son goût...

·
Super Moderator
56,317 Posts
True what Skrap says about hp increase. I personally would ride the bike the way it is this season and look for a larger cc bike in the future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not looking for houses just a meaner look and whatever else come with it is a plus too
I never leave anything stock ( can't stand it) and am here to mod it
I believe the whole point of motorcycling is a bond between you and your bike so even if I did get a new one this will stay next to it in the garage besides it already has bars and pipes on it
(She's a beauty)
Listen , I really appreciate the info alot I see you guys are on here alot and you'll probly see me more
You guys rock, thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts