Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , I promised I would report on the Hypercharger install. I bought it for looks only, but when I rode to work this morning, I noticed it was more than just looks. The bike really takes off now and amazingly some if not all vibration disappeared at my normal cruzing speed of 65. I honestly did not expect to notice anything dfferent than the stock box, but I cannot tell a lie, at least for my bike it was an improvement. now I do experience a slight loping at an idle but the bike does not stall, kinda sounds good actually, but I do belive that it is caused by the vacum the location it is spliced into. I am not sure how that translates to heat. So far the fan kicks in a regular intervals , redlights and what not, but not while in motion. I am entertaining the idea of venting the rear of the front fender to get some more air over the rad., but I am not sure if it needs anything extra at this point. You know how modding goes. I haven't been able to put pics in my gallery yet, it keeps rejecting them, but you know what a hypercharger looks like. My next mod will be LED engine lights and a nice red one for the intake. Yes, I have been bit by the mod bug since I bought the bike.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Great report Iron_cowboy. That's the kind of information I needed. Let us know how that loping at idle works out, if it does. I don't understand the need for venting of the fender if your fan is kicking on when it should.

I'm interested to hear about your LED's, what kind you get and how the install goes.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
You will notice a huge decrease in gas mileage at first. This is caused by twisting the throttle to feel the extra oomph.
Mileage will eventually get better as you get over the urge to twist the throttle. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts