Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and girls I just brought a Hyper Charger and a thunder air adapter kit for the Vol. The question I have is I am running a Uni-Filter with a 155 main and a 37.5 pilot jet with one spacer on the needle and the bike run great. Do I have to put in the stage 3 kit that came with the kit. It recommends the needle clip set on the second groove and a 45 pilot and a 136 main for the setup with stock pipes and I quote the instructions (Remove the carb bell mouth and locate the main air jet .Using the tool provided tap the main air jet plug open end facing out,into place. reinstall the bell mouth.) This is in the stage 3 jet kit . I think that means you are plugging the main air jet under the bell if so what is it doing .I see no instructions in the kit for hookup of the vacuum line so I am thinking you put a T into the line that did go to the pair valve that is no longer there.
I brought the kit at the open house for ScootWorks on Saturday,they had a large crowd and we had alot of fellow ship and fun.

Thanks for the help in advance I can`t wait to install the hyper charger.

Kilowatt

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
ok, first of all there jet settings are mere suggestions. I'm running a 155 main with a #50 air pilot. you will have to toy with it till you get what feels right for your bike. remember, my hyper has a custom adapter so my settings may not be right for you. chances are they won't. the air lines hooks up like you said. place the "T" as close to the carb as possible (better vac.). the other hose that goes to the elbow goes to the bowl tube that sits ontop of the frame that goes nowhere from the carb. this will help pressurize the bowl. as for the plugging of the port? don't take the bell off. if you look real good you can see the port without removing the bell. place the plug on the tool and use some scotch tape to hold it on the tool. line it up with the port and tap it in. pull off the tool and your done. If you try to take the bell off you take a chance of messing up the screws that hold it. even heard of people stripping them so bad they had to go to a machine shop to get them extracted. save yourself some trouble and try they scotch tape thing. it worked great for me.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Kilowatt said:
Sledhead
The hose that goes to the elbow you talked about that goes nowhere to help pressurize the bowl ,do you block this line or leave it as is.
OK, i will clarify. on the hyper there is a elbow for a hose. on the bowl of the carb is a hose that runs on the frame towards the front of the bike. the hose on the frame is not connected to anything. you want to connect that hose to the elbow on the hyper making a hyper to carb bowl connection. that is if yours has the elbow. some don't. anyway the hose from the bowl will be too short so you will have to go get a longer one from a auto parts store. i tried to find a picture, but most of mine were lost when my son crashed my computer. again the 1/4: hose connects to the vac line at the carb and to the butterfly assy. hope this helps. a little hard to explain.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok you done fine I think I have got it. My hyperchager did not come with the elbow but I found one at the auto parts store. I put it in the hole on the back of the HC ,there was a hole already there so I put the elbow into it .It is located on the back near the back end of the HC.
Thanks again Sled.

Kilowatt

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I just finished installing the HyperCharger on my 2004 Silver/Pearl White .I put the 45 pilot and keep my 155 main changed out the motorcycle carbs needle with the one in the stage three kit with stock spacers and e-clip on third notch,set adjustment needle on 2 1/2 turns,put the vent line from the carb to the HyperCharger ,put the vacuum T next to the carb for the line to the butterfly's and man does it rock.This is the best mod I have done yet. I will have picture of the installation soon.

Thanks for the help Sled you are the man.

Kilowatt :flame:

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Kilowatt said:
Ok I just finished installing the HyperCharger on my 2004 Silver/Pearl White .I put the 45 pilot and keep my 155 main changed out the motorcycle carbs needle with the one in the stage three kit with stock spacers and e-clip on third notch,set adjustment needle on 2 1/2 turns,put the vent line from the carb to the HyperCharger ,put the vacuum T next to the carb for the line to the butterfly's and man does it rock.This is the best mod I have done yet. I will have picture of the installation soon.

Thanks for the help Sled you are the man.

Kilowatt :flame:
glad everything worked out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts