Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What hwy pegs would you recommend for my VL800, mountable on a 1 1/4" crash bar?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Kury switchblades

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OTG said:
Kury Longhorn Offset Dually work well on the OEM engine guard.
Thanks, how do I know what type of engine guard I have, by looking at it? (OEM vs Cobra vs other etc). I got the bike with an engine guard on last year, and I am not able to contact the guy who sold me to ask.

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
The OEM Guards extend out from the frame only about 6" the others will extend out about twice that.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
OTG said:
They work just fine on Cobra guards too. I'm pleased with mine.

Cheers!

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
rcsiki said:
OTG said:
Thanks, how do I know what type of engine guard I have, by looking at it? (OEM vs Cobra vs other etc). I got the bike with an engine guard on last year, and I am not able to contact the guy who sold me to ask.
looks like you got cobras. i'd love to have those longhorn offsets, but if you need to go cheap in the meantime, just some simple universal clamp-ons will work fine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mightydog said:
well, i was just saying i thought they looked like them to me. but i wouldn't take my word for it either. :)
Did you check my gallery pics? I think there are some photos showing the bar well enough...
I'll measure the distance from the frame tonite, to see if it's over 6" or not, as someone else suggested.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You definitely don't have OEM bars. They are either cobra or mc and the longhorn off sets work really well. I have them mounted on mine.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
I use the Switchblade w/ the offset part.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
There are a few considerations in selecting pegs, one is the diameter of the bar. You can checkmthat easily by lightly fitting an adjustable wrench to the bar. Then remove it and measure tyhe distance between the jaws of the wrench.

I have Cobras and am also looking for pegs. Dually Long Horn seem best, but a touch expensive.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Look on craigs list or even ebay. I got mine complete for $75.00 CAD

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I've been real happy with the J.C. Whitney pegs, 014819 at $ 44.99 a pair. Had them on the C50 for 3 years. No problems so I just added the 1" version to my DL650.

The JC may not be as nice as the Kury's but I think they look great on my bike and have held up well.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
rcsiki said:
mightydog said:
well, i was just saying i thought they looked like them to me. but i wouldn't take my word for it either. :)
Did you check my gallery pics? I think there are some photos showing the bar well enough...
YEAH, i guess i should have mentioned that's what i was looking at when i said that's what they looked like. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts