Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is such a tragedy we all need to tell our children that no matter what that they can talk to us about anything no questions

I to a few years ago had a friend that his child took his own life at a young age

I tell my children all the time that if they need to talk we are here to listen first and help later if needed

Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have always been a good hugger. It's good advice I currently hug not only my children but my grand-children as well. When hugging you should adjust your hug to agree with the style most acceptable to the person. Every one is a little unique.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Unfortunately the numbers are much bigger than the authorities let on....a mates son has been on suicide watch for over a year.

We just done our annual Black Dog ride last weekend to raise money for mental health services and to support Lifeline. If we get it out there and get people aware of depression etc it will take away a lot of the stigma and hopefully kids will reach out for help without feeling like they are being judged.

Black Dog Ride - Raising Awareness of Depression and Suicide Prevention Since 2009

·
Super Moderator
8,878 Posts
There is little that's sadder, or harder to comprehend, than a young person choosing to take his or her own life.

Good advice, Triggerfinger. Hugs are tremendously good medicine. I'll keep your buddy in my prayers. He's got a hard road ahead of him coming to grips with this stunning loss.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Thanks for posting Triggerfinger.

4 years ago my neighbor 3 doors down (about 1 mile) had a son who borrowed to much money from a drug dealer. The dealer OD'd that teen. It was listed as suicide.

I wish I could have helped.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Yes, the numbers are growing. As parents and friends we need to let our kids know that we are always there to talk to them and together we will work on any problems. We can only pray to God for the wisdom needed in these situations. Sometimes there is no clear answer...that's when we need to be there as a true friend and just listen. Very hard to do at times!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts