Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my bike dynoed and they adjusted the power commander pcfc map and I got max 49 hp and and 48 ftlbs torque. It's up from the 46 HP and 45 torque I was getting before the remapping. Cobra exhaust and k&n air filter. Does this sound right? My torque and hp curves were both pretty much flat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,796 Posts
Paint it red and you'll get two more horses.

:biglaugh:

Seriously though, that sounds about right. It's an 800cc shaft drive V-Twin. You aren't getting much more out of it.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Yes. That is in line with what others have recorded with the same upgrades. 4-5hp gains are typically all you will see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had my bike dynoed and they adjusted the power commander pcfc map and I got max 49 hp and and 48 ftlbs torque. It's up from the 46 HP and 45 torque I was getting before the remapping. Cobra exhaust and k&n air filter. Does this sound right? My torque and hp curves were both pretty much flat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
where is the max torque curve start for the C50...i installed the DJ drive on my 09 boulevard and it seems to pull really hard starting at 2600 in 5th gear...the engine seems like a much bigger displacement with more pulling power since i added the DJ drive...thanks for the info

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
The torque curve peaks at around 2400 rpm and then steadily drops off through the RPM range. The "sweet spot" for power is between 4400 and 5000 RPM, where the torque and HP curves intersect.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Yup. It's not like there's gobs of hidden power looking to be unleashed from these motors. They do a fine job of getting a middle weight bike moving on down the road. But pipes, processor, intake and a professional tune is only going to net you a tiny bump in power. It is not going to make it "run like a bigger bike", no matter what you do to it - exception - unless you add Nitrous or a turbo.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
The torque curve peaks at around 2400 rpm and then steadily drops off through the RPM range. The "sweet spot" for power is between 4400 and 5000 RPM, where the torque and HP curves intersect.
thank you for the info...that rpm range is about what i thought....i know the bike is limited by the 805cc engine....but it sure seems stronger with the DJ drive....this is just a great bike to ride...i enjoy it more with each ride...ride to live/live to ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts