Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just wanted to say the forum really helped me decide what is the best bike for me. I just purchased a new to me 2003 Volusia....not that it was worn out to start with it only had 2700 miles and appeared to be a garage queen lol. I've had the bike for about a week and have but about 400 miles on it. One question is are these bikes typically cold natured? takes awhile to warm up then seems to have a fast idle at stop lights...
Anyone in the greater Cincinnati area?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome from Lexington Kentucky.

Good hunting

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Welcome from Maryville Tn.

·
Super Moderator
20,481 Posts
welcome from Ct...and from owning an 04 carbed volusia they are cold natured. Good luck.And don't forget to push your choke back in after its warmed up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Jeffro let me knowif you would like get together for a ride I'm originally from Mason and know the area pretty well. I will be at traders world Sunday looking for some riding boots and new shades lol

·
The Village Idiot
5,018 Posts
Traders open on Easter Sunday? That place has some good biker deals there. I picked up some gloves and a ride bell there. I will be up in the Columbus area this weekend otherwise I would try to meet you there. That seems to be the place to go for leather riding jackets too. Maybe sometime next week I can break away. I will pm you my info.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. Yes, the carb'd Volusia's are very cold natured. You need to adjust your idle when the bike is warm. Then when it is cold, use the choke until the bike warms up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts