Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I upgrade the stock exhaust on my 2013 M50 to V&H staggered and on the verge of purchasing the Gman FI package which include the FI Controller, free flowing Stealth Intake and Custom GMan K&N Air Filter. It seems to me that this installation would increase the bike performance. But i wonder how it'd affect the engine longevity. Am i trading off a bit more power for a shorter engine life? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Giving the engine the ability to move more air will make more power. You still won't be pulling the front wheel of the ground or spinning the back tire, the bike will simply run better.

The other big advantage is that your bike will not run near as lean as it does stock. That will help all engine internals last longer because of reduced heat, lean bikes run hot.

MPG will suffer some what. 1) you are running a little richer mixture 2) it will sound so much better that it will be hard to stay of the throttle. :wayhappy:

Reactions: SoCalRider

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
At most, you are going to gain 4 maybe 5 hp. That's it. Nothing earth shattering. Nothing that will noticeably improve the bike's performance. It will run better, the throttle response will be better and you may feel a slight difference. The trade-off is lower MPG and a lot more noise.

As for engine longevity? Don't sweat it. The bike will run as many miles as it runs. Some die an early death, others run forever. It all depends on the luck of the draw.

Reactions: SoCalRider
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.