Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to Turn the C50 into a Cross Country 2 Up Tour Bike in One Easy Step.

Step One:
Buy one of these.

1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade, 47,000 miles. Worked the deal over the phone today and scheduled to pick it up tomorrow if all goes well. Started out looking at the ST1300 and the thing is just too much bike form me. Visions of me wrapping the thing around a street light kept popping into my head. Found this at another dealer and the test ride was spectacular. I almost did the deal on the spot but decided to think about it over the weekend. Sunday I decided not to spend the money and do Mike's MJ drive instead. More second thoughts and hello Big Red.

At least I now am in the majority on the forum, I no longer own a Volusia or Boulevard.

Taking the new ride on a 2 up camping trip this weekend. More as it becomes available.

Good Hunting

·
Registered
801 Posts
Bought a bike yesterday, this seems to be contagious, keeping the details under wraps til it's delivered.

"At least I now am in the majority on the forum, I no longer own a Volusia or Boulevard."

Now that's funny

Reactions: Blinky

·
Registered
801 Posts
They just did, "Coolio" a blast from the past

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
Congratulations!!! Enjoy your new ride!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Or you could ask the 100's (guessing) of C50 owners how in the world they were able to go from coast-to-coast on their C50's...without buying another bike. Probably blind determination and stubbornness, I assume. ;-)

Nice looking Honda though. Hope it serves you well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats..good looking GW. I suppose that might be my next step in my MC evolution. I know my wife wish I had one after she looked at sat on the passenger seat of one. Unless I fall into a pile of $$ guess we will just keep riding Lucille..

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love Goldwing always have always will only issue I ever had with them was the back tire cost a fortune to replace why I got a valk this round same motor just a lil more power and rear tier is a lot easier toget too here is wishing you many many of 100,000 miles to come:wayhappy:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well. got it home safely and I am bushed. Thanks all for the good wishes. I agree that the C50 can do 2 up and can do long road trips (hmmm didn't I just do a 2,500 mile trip in July?). But the Wing is just a better tool for the job.

First impressions:
1. Gee, brakes that work! I stopped 50 yards short of the first stop sign.
2. This thing is heavy!!!!
3. A throttle that actually would be better named the accelerator. Twist and go in any gear!
4. Self canceling turn signals.
5. Great rear suspension, ok front suspension.
6. Not as agile as the C50 but no slouch either.
7. Smooth.
8. Built in air compressor a nice touch.

More to come with pictures after the camping trip this weekend.

Good Hunting

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Second Impressions:
Took it out tonight with the good wife 2up in traffic and on the highway.
1. To be honest, I could not tell she was on the back. The power was just there.
2. Good to great headlights.
3. Lights tied to the turn signals on the lower cowling a nice touch.
4. Rider adjustable headlight elevation came in handy.
5. Dash and gauge lights all work.
6. Bike is still heavy but balances very well at stops.
7. Still getting used to the rear brake which is a disc and also activates one of the front wheel discs. The lever works the other front disc. Strange to have the rear be the stronger brake.

It is all loaded up with camping gear and everything the good wife thinks we will need. She is a former girl scout leader that was responsible for certifying other leaders in the local council before they could take their troop camping. So if she says we need it, we take it. Leaving in the morning and back Monday evening.

Good hunting

·
Registered
238 Posts
good luck on trip you will have a blast on the open road nothing like a wing to make them miles fly by:wayhappy:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Got one just like it, about the same miles too. Love it. This and the Vol are just 2 different worlds as bikes go. I miss the lightness of the Vol, and it certainly sits different. But for highway cruising, the Wing is pretty sweet. The brakes took a little getting used to, but second nature now. This is my 2nd Wing, my first I traded the Vol even for an 88 with about 105k on it. That bike was pretty good, this one is great. I've put about 6K on it this year so far. Wish it was more :) Heading out tomorrow for a memorial ride covering about 120 miles, should be a great day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.