Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this can't be this difficult. I have a c90 drive and I'm going to have it modified to fit my c50 but dam if I can figure out how to diss assemble it. Any help out there

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Pry up the seal where the shaft enters the drive, (you'll need a new one), then remove the snap ring holding the drive shaft in, (many people replace the snap ring as well).

·
Registered
23,543 Posts
Just remove the wheel and take off the 3 nuts on the left side and the drive and drive shaft just come out. Don't forget to drain the drive first.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
It should come right out. You totally removed the snap ring???

You say spring thing...if the seal came apart there may be a spring in it.

You have to remove the snap ring completely, (see photo below)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I think you have to apply a slight push of the shaft into the drive to remove the circlip. It's slightly spring loaded.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Yeah, there is a spring behind the driveshaft and it pushes the shaft against the snap ring (great pic Capt). So push the driveshaft down as you work at removing the snap ring.

I just removed one Friday. The tips on my cheap snap ring pliars bent. There is a little relief groove right next to where the holes on the snap ring are, I was able to wedge a thin screwdriver in there and pry the snap ring out.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
.......and with a little work this round spring thing
Oh, then you DO have the snap ring removed ? Then yes, the driveshaft should pull strait out.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
May be rust holding it in. Would not be a surprise to see corrosion there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.