Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Try using ceramic wool, it is good for very high temps but don't pack it too tightly as it will hamper the accoustic dampening properties.
I have also used nomex and kevlar fiber for sound reduction but you will need to research temp limits.
,Motiv

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK A little confused. Did the fiberglass wrap work the baffle work or did it burn through as other suggested it would. Just install a set of Cobra Slashdowns with the quite baffles and I think it is still too loud and want to quite them a little more. Looking for a long term solution. Help from anyone would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
OK A little confused. Did the fiberglass wrap work the baffle work or did it burn through as other suggested it would. Just install a set of Cobra Slashdowns with the quite baffles and I think it is still too loud and want to quite them a little more. Looking for a long term solution. Help from anyone would be appreciated.
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome!!!from Penciltucky

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hate to say it cuz it's been said and written many times. But aftermarket exhaust on a C50 sound horrible. Keep your OEM exhaust because you'll be going back!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts