·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ya, what old rust pile , :p , said.

·
Registered
17,974 Posts
Hey, thanks! "There are 2 TDC positions for each cylinder. TDC on the compression stroke and TDC on the exhaust stroke. Both will correspond with the RT/FT mark printed on the flywheel."

That was what I was wanting to know. Much obliged!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sure could use more pictures and a bit more detail on removing the carb. I've had my C50 apart and worked on the rear exhaust valves, but what a pain in the a$$ getting a feeler gauge in there is. I broke the gauge twice trying to get it in.

In all honesty, I gave up after doing the rear exhaust valves. Without removing the carb there's just no way to get to the other valves that I can figure out. Even then, it looks like the feeler gauge is going to present the same problem. (Doesn't anybody make a "slim" version?)

·
Registered
17,974 Posts
First, check your vehicle registration. You may be riding a Volusia instead of a C50. 2005's and newer are C50's and are fuel-injected. Voila!
:lol:
Second, have you tried the JPaige method? I've heard it's easier.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
IDK about the carbed bikes but for the fuel injected all it was was loosen the screw on the dual circle clamps that connected the throttel body to the bike and then simply pull the throttle body up by rocking it back and forth. It isn't bolted on its just held there with a special hose clamp.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Re: How to guide: Adjusting your valves 101 with pics and vi

if you have the carbed version it will be the screw pointed at by the arrow. If its the fuel injected bike it will be in the same place it just doesn't sit as high and the clamp has two smaller tubes as opposed to the one.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The pictures are back online now. Also, I've added a link to a downloadable .zip that contains the instructions and video that you can store on your PC.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Okie said:
Guess it's a good thing I copied them off. I'll re-start the thread.
WTF???? what gives you the right to copy and then repost the fruit of someone elses labor???

whether you agree with oregonlan or not, the decision shouldnt be yours to make....

he feels that a company has come in a claimed ownership of his intellectual property, that company can and will use his labor to make a profit, he posted his thread as a community goodwill offering, at no charge. its his property!

so he does the only thing he can to retain it, he pulls the pics and then you come along and threaten to repost his thread and pics????

you are a piece of sh1t, i hope karma uses you as a target for ill will, you deserve it

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hey Okie, who in the hell does this Teddy guy think he is? Just another internet tough guy I guess.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
The pictures are back online again...

·
Registered
17,974 Posts
Exactly. :lol:

On the valve adjustment procedure:

"I also used jpaige’s information: Throw away the feeler gages, back off 1/8 turn for intakes, 1/4 turn for exhausts.

If you do the math, you convert the pitch of the screw into degrees of rotation.

.75mm pitch = .02952756" per revolution = .000082" per degree
intake .003" to .005" = 36-60 degrees (call it 45)
exhaust .007" to .009" = 85-109 degrees (call it 90)

So, to achieve the clearance for the intake valve, loosen the lock nut, screw the tappet down until it touches the top of the valve, and then back it off 45 degrees (1/8 turn) Same thing for the exhaust, back off 90 degrees (1/4 turn) . Tighten the locknuts.

I also found that on my C50 I had to remove the air filter, air intake duct, and throttle body to gain unobstructed access to the valve covers."
---------------------------------------
I have BriMan's "how-to" saved off as a PDF file with excellent pictures. Will
try to get them on here.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
MikeyD said:
Hey Okie, who in the hell does this Teddy guy think he is? Just another internet tough guy I guess.
just a guy who believes in the rights of an individual are sacred, and that those who would take them, without permission are thieves. does that make me tough? no, not at all, makes me right tho

:D

·
Registered
17,974 Posts
Another note: the PAIR valve chrome tubes run right atop the intake valve
cover on the front cylinder. You can move it a little if you need to, to remove
the intake valve cover.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Guvna, if you PM oreganLan he said he would be willing to send the pics, but he will no longer allow them to be on the open forum.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Sorry about that. I'm having some server issues at the moment. I'm gonna make a photobucket account and post them there in the meantime.

61 - 80 of 168 Posts