Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My 2004 Volusia came with OEM drivings lights, OEM windshield, OEM sissy bar and OEM saddlebags.

What would these parts be worth on the used market? Selling the bike and someone is interested in the accessories outside of the bike sale.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
21,416 Posts
Used? $50 each. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the lot....

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
I am interested in the OEM driving lights if the price is right.

Shoot me a PM with how much you want and we can talk about shipping to 57108.

·
Registered
21,416 Posts
What they're 'worth' and what people will 'pay' are two entirely separate things. You're selling 10 year old, used equipment. Don't expect to gross top dollar, just because you see them advertised for a lot on the internet. Especially since you can get aftermarket bags for less than half what they're asking.

·
Super Moderator
26,210 Posts
I would figure half of what the items costs new if your items are in good condition...start there and see what happens...if you go the listing the items here route...take some pictures so folks can see the condition. good luck. My estimate is like 03volsiarider...$350-400.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What they're 'worth' and what people will 'pay' are two entirely separate things. You're selling 10 year old, used equipment. Don't expect to gross top dollar, just because you see them advertised for a lot on the internet. Especially since you can get aftermarket bags for less than half what they're asking.
I completely understand that. I've seen them sell for that, which I certainly would not pay.

I would figure half of what the items costs new if your items are in good condition...start there and see what happens...if you go the listing the items here route...take some pictures so folks can see the condition. good luck. My estimate is like 03volsiarider...$350-400.
That is about what I was thinking when I popped a number out of my head but didn't know if I was on or off there.

·
Super Moderator
26,210 Posts
when I pieced out my bike...aside from alot of stock items i gave away for the cost of shipping, any aftermarket piece that was in good condition I ended up selling for 1/2 of what it cost me. No one ever complained when they received the items...at least not to me.

·
Super Moderator
34,500 Posts
OEM bags are worth about $200 in good shape, $150 in reasonable shape and $100 in usable shape.

If the shield is on good shape I'd say $100.

The lights and sissy bar are probably $75 at best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.