Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday I ordered a Shad top box and some mounting brackets for my KTM. They called me on Wednesday to tell me that the top box I wanted was backordered and offered to send me the next size up for the same price. I agreed and they shipped it.

I didn't actually read the email with the shipping info. Today the top box arrived. I opened the box, and the mounting brackets weren't in there. Thought maybe they got confused with the order change and checked my email before I called to cuss them out.

Turns out there were two emails with different tracking numbers. One for the box and one for the brackets. The shipping was free, so whatever, Shad's problem. Checked the tracking numbers. Both packages left the same place, headed to my house, at the same time. Box was delivered today.

Brackets?

En route with an ETA of tomorrow.

What the heck, UPS?

·
Super Moderator
21,093 Posts
dude...in these times,,,if that's the worst thing that has happened to you...find the humor in it...could have been worse, they could have shipped it thru the postal service...then you'd be waiting for 2 packages...but I understand the frustration, you get one, useless w/o the other...why not shipped them together...must have a blonde filling the orders...have a good weekend. Be careful down there.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
The one that burns my ass is UPS Surepost.
They ship it UPS across the entire country, then when it gets to your general area, they hand it to the post office for delivery.
You track the shipment, then all of a sudden it disappears, and seems like it's not moving, then a while later, you get a post office tracking number.

Yeah, but I requested UPS shipping so it would be delivered to my drop box which is 12 miles closer to my home than my PO box.
Not the end of the world by any means, just a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
With this virus, alot of shipped items are lucky to be delivered in a reasonable time frame. If it was in 2 different boxes, one made the transport plane, one didn't. Like it was said before, just be happy it didn't go USPS. I had the same thing happen with USPS. Both packages arrived at the local facility same time. One got delivered but the other got sent out to another state. Figure that one out. It showed back up a week and a half later.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude...in these times,,,if that's the worst thing that has happened to you...find the humor in it...
Apparently my post didn't come across as right. I did find the humor in it. I thought it was funny as hell, which is why I shared it with you guys.

Got the mounting brackets this morning, put the case on the bike, and it looks really nice. Of course, I can't be positive I like it until I... RIDE IT! :cool:

Speaking of which, I think it's time for that test ride. I'll snap a pic of the top box on the bike and post it here. If you're lucky, it'll show up and not just a 6-digit code. :p

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the bike out for a test ride. Obviously, the box didn't make a difference, but I enjoyed the ride. :D

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Took the bike out for a test ride. Obviously, the box didn't make a difference, but I enjoyed the ride. :D
Fill the box with water, I'll bet it makes a difference then! ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fill the box with water, I'll bet it makes a difference then! ;)
Why would I fill it with water? What a waste of 48 Liters of storage. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice looking ride..must be fun to ride.
It's a little 390cc. I wouldn't want to take it on the interstate, but it's light and peppy, so it's really fun to ride around town. I bought it to run errands on and ride to work. Gets about 75mpg if you're easy on the throttle, 55mpg if you launch from traffic lights like I do. :p

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Why would I fill it with water? What a waste of 48 Liters of storage. :cool:

Ya know what?
If these bastiges wouldn't cut the final distilling with 60% water, we wouldn't have to buy so much, and it would free up some cabinet space.

Reactions: Whiskey
1 - 13 of 13 Posts