Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my saddle bags I went to hardmounts them and I could get the bolts back throwing because the holes misaligned so I had to take it to a shop. That was back in October and not the gf is wanting a sissybar and I'm prolly gonna be ordering one this coming week but I really don't wanna take it to a shop to get it installed so how can I install it without the fender brace sagging??

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
If you can take out only one bolt at a time. For sure don't take out both sides at once. The fender brace is probably not sagging, the fender is moving. Either way, getting is back together can be a chore. I've had both bolts out before and was able to get it back together by using a drift punch or heavy screwdriver in the rear hole to simply pry up and forward to start the other bolt. The rear bolt has a loose nut so starting it is not a problem. I may be backwards about which bolt is threaded and which is loose but start the threaded one first by prying the other hole.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The fender is plastic so it's going to flex - do one side at a time and don't tighten them all the way until each side is in. It'll work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my hole!

Do one side at a time with a phillips hhead screwdriver in the bolt hole to keep things lined up. :blackeye:
And have patience LOL
:biglaugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts