Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the question is, How do you deal with Parked Motorcycle Syndrome?
Do you post on line like you have cabin fever? Do you go out to the garage for a quiet moment with just the two of you? Do you order mods online dreaming of an early and warm spring? How do you deal with PMS?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
As for the PMS Charles, been way to much of that this year. Spent a fair chunk of time this Fall working on the house, and sadly while I was inside painting, we had a spectacular fall season. Did get it out for a little while this week -- still hasn't snowed over here, just been cold. I think my New Year's resolution will be to ride more this next year. Only two short road trips last summer and both were truncated by work schedules and lousy weather.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Move south! We don't suffer that problem!!! :biglaugh:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

That's the plan for next winter...........Arizona or New Mexico for a the cold months. Back up north to the mid-west for the summer. Retirement time.:wayhappy:

Reactions: Psyc0

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's when you throw your leg over a snowmobile. I finally put up the bike a couple weeks ago. Not because it was cold, but because of the ice , snow, sand & salt on the road. I was riding to work when the thermometer said 20.

·
Super Moderator
9,130 Posts
I window shop for farkles. And plan road trips that I never take in the warm weather.

Every few days I throw a leg over the saddle in the garage and make little vroom-vroom sounds.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: RellaLou

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should have added that this post is for those of us who live in the Northern Tier, not a chance for the Southerns to gloat about riding year round.

I think I last made vroom-vroom when I was 8, but I may try it tonight! I do shop farkles and plan trips. This year I'll explore some of the best motorcycle roads in the world, Eastern Oregon. I also have just finished my motels for my Sturgis trip in August, and a Vintage rally in June.

I am the type that just goes and spends time in the garage, previously without making the vroom-vroom sounds, but if it helps I'll let you know.

Rain or Shine, 40F or 28F, as long as it is not snowing, I'll make our annual New Years day ride. Last year it was 22F when I left home, warmed to 28F during the day. (That is a high of -2C for our Northern friends)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: Al Shaw

·
Registered
212 Posts
Once the bike's put away and covered, I don't give it much thought; except to stare for hours on end at the little green 'float' light on my battery tender.

Really, I ski/snowboard a lot with my son, wife & I go away somewhere warm a couple times over winter and we go out to eat a lot.

The only bike related things I do is meet with my riding group on the occasional Sunday morning for coffee and go to a bike show in January.

Before I know it, I'm back on the road. You get used to it living up here.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Yes......there is a bad case of PMS in our house.
Hopefully it won't be a long winter.
2 months have already past 4 more to go!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My PMS is now compounded with the fact that my wife plans to buy her first bike in the next 2 months.... thus the expectation of more family riding time as soon as the warm weather hits.
I have considered designing a heated seat for my bike, install it in November and take it off in March. My ass cheeks get cold sitting on the bike in the garage vroom vrooming all winter.

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
I throw my leg over the seat. grab the grips and go
VROOM
VROOM
VROOM
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts