Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a C50T with the stock saddlebags so the stock helmet lock is pretty much worthless. I bought a Kury helmet lock and want to remove the stock one. How can I get that thing off? Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
you need a security torx screw head... they sell them at sears.. has to have a dimple in it to remove it... bikerbrackets.com sells relocation kits (to move to the front)... buy a kits with 5 security torx heads.. more reason to buy tools.. only a few bucks

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
If you unlock the lock you can see the bolt that holds it on. That is the one that needs the security torx that Avol mentioned.

I picked up a set of the bits you can put in to a screwdriver at Autozone for about $10

After you remove the lock there will be a chrome piece that the lock is bolted to, I've had my rear fender off 2 f-n times and keep forgetting to cut that off :oops:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
SuperDuty said:
It's a T30, BTW. I take mine on/off when I remove by saddlebags.
Make sure you get the T30 like SuperDuty and SpecialEd posted, not the TX30 like the guy at Ace sold me. When I asked for a Torx T30 bit he handed me the TX30 and indicated they were the same, (turned out they didn't have the T30) they are not. The TX doesn't have that center hole. These are really cheap, 1.99 or so.

Good luck...

Rocket

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Rocket-flyer said:
the guy at Ace

Rocket
Rocket,

You want I should go lean on him? :lol: :lol: :lol: Messin' with my bud like that! Sheesh!

I installed the BikerBracket relocator on the front right and had it sticking straight forward. Never liked the way it looked, but it was handy. Saw Cobra's helmet lock facing straight down by his right front and liked it, so I turned mine down (a different type than his), but couldn't get my daughter's helmet in there. Going to try it on the other side of the bike, and I suppose the helmet will touch the ground on that side.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
jimjack said:
Rocket-flyer said:
the guy at Ace

Rocket
Rocket,

You want I should go lean on him? :lol: :lol: :lol: Messin' with my bud like that! Sheesh!

I installed the BikerBracket relocator on the front right and had it sticking straight forward. Never liked the way it looked, but it was handy. Saw Cobra's helmet lock facing straight down by his right front and liked it, so I turned mine down (a different type than his), but couldn't get my daughter's helmet in there. Going to try it on the other side of the bike, and I suppose the helmet will touch the ground on that side.
Nah leave him be. Had a bit of a time understanding, ah never mind, don't get me started. Appreciate the offer though.

As for moving it to the left side, be careful, I have the Bikerbracket also and when I ordered it, the web site said there was a different bracket for the left side and make sure you order that one specifically if you are going to mount it on the left. I wanted my on the right so ordered that one. At first didnt' like the look of it pointing out straight, but personally don't even think about it now. I did try pointing it down but don't remember why I didn't leave it that way.

Rocket

·
Registered
711 Posts
You could always buy some of these instead

They slip through the D Rings on your helmet and give you enough room to use your stock helmet lock in it's current possition.

I have a pair of these. One I keep with my helmet and one in my saddle bag as a back up.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Re: Easy enough

Jester389 said:
Those look easy enough. Where did ya get 'em?
That's what I use and "yes" they do work with saddlebags (at least with mine). I got them at the local Honda dealer only cause the Suzi dealer wanted too much.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Re: Easy enough

Duffy said:
Jester389 said:
Those look easy enough. Where did ya get 'em?
That's what I use and "yes" they do work with saddlebags (at least with mine). I got them at the local Honda dealer only cause the Suzi dealer wanted too much.
and you are able to unlock/lock it

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
bdv1973 said:
You could always buy some of these instead

They slip through the D Rings on your helmet and give you enough room to use your stock helmet lock in it's current possition.

I have a pair of these. One I keep with my helmet and one in my saddle bag as a back up.
Those look great. Do you mind measuring them in length so I can see if they'd work with my LeatherLykes? Thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
They work great with saddlebags

I will post a photo in the morning with my helmet attached to my bike using these.

I purchaced mine at my local dealer for about 8 dollars.
it came with 2 in the box.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts