Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have already taken my motorcycle safety permit test and as of right now i have my permit. Now i am just wondering what it is that i have to do to get my motorcycle license.

Thanks
Sno_Racer

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Does Maine have a D.M.V. website ?? Should be an easy find. In CT you have to go to DMV and take a 16-question computer test and no question is similar to what was discussed in the course. Thereafter you will shell out 50 bucks and get your endorsement on the back of the license.

In Mass, you don't need the DMV test, you "earn" the endorsement right after you passed the MSF course. It's either one or the other, again, check your State's website :wink:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
http://maine.gov/portal/howdoi/motor_vehicles.html

How do I get a license for driving a motorcycle?
You can have the motorcycle license added onto your regular license. There is a different learner's permit, test and license for motorcycles. However, the license is usually an addendum to your regular automobile license.

In order to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on your Maine license you will need to take a rider course. The course you will need is a 15 hour hands-on course called the MRC:RSS or the BRC. The course in Maine is provided by Motorcycle Rider Education of Maine. They can be reached by calling (207) 338-9587. Upon successful completion of this course, the state will waive the road test.

The other alternatives would be to enroll in a classroom-only course and this course is offered in Maine only. The MMSEC course is an 8-hour classroom-only course and is designed to introduce the new rider to techniques to minimize risk to riders. These courses are made available through a variety of providers such as driving school. You can also check with motorcycle dealers to see whom they use. After you complete this 8-hour course, you will be eligible to receive an instruction permit. Once you obtain your instruction permit and when you feel ready, you can apply to take a road test

:) :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boxwrench said:
http://maine.gov/portal/howdoi/motor_vehicles.html

How do I get a license for driving a motorcycle?
You can have the motorcycle license added onto your regular license. There is a different learner's permit, test and license for motorcycles. However, the license is usually an addendum to your regular automobile license.

In order to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on your Maine license you will need to take a rider course. The course you will need is a 15 hour hands-on course called the MRC:RSS or the BRC. The course in Maine is provided by Motorcycle Rider Education of Maine. They can be reached by calling (207) 338-9587. Upon successful completion of this course, the state will waive the road test.

The other alternatives would be to enroll in a classroom-only course and this course is offered in Maine only. The MMSEC course is an 8-hour classroom-only course and is designed to introduce the new rider to techniques to minimize risk to riders. These courses are made available through a variety of providers such as driving school. You can also check with motorcycle dealers to see whom they use. After you complete this 8-hour course, you will be eligible to receive an instruction permit. Once you obtain your instruction permit and when you feel ready, you can apply to take a road test

:) :wink:
i have taken the 8 hour course and i now feel comfortable to take the road test. i just dont know how to apply for my road test.

Thanks
Sno_Racer

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Isn't there a DMV office near by? They get paid to answer those questions. MIne In near by Daytona Beach has the info desk at the front door.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Road Test ??? That is waved if you successfully completed the MSF course, even in tax-and-fee hungry Corrupticut :lol:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't know where in Maine you are, but you have to go to the DMV office, and apply to take the road test.
Would have been a lot easier if you had taken the 2 day course. Then you would have had your motorcycle endorsement.
If you think you might be interested in that, go to ... www.ubm-usa.org . Thats the United Bikers of Maine website. They have lists of places statewide that offer the 2 day course.

Ride Safe
Wayne :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Like Wayne said, here in maine you need to mail in to the BMV the request to set a date for your road test. When you took the eight hour required class you should have been given a post card to mail in when you are ready to take the road test, you mail that in and they set the date for the test.

Paul...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I would suggest you take the MSF Course... the entire weekend class will teach you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much....

Can you stop in an emergency and be in 1st gear? can you do the figure 8 without touching the ground? DO the MSF course.... you wont regret it...

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I think in Maine, if you flunk a field sobriety test, you get licensed for life. :shock:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
basshole said:
I think in Maine, if you flunk a field sobriety test, you get licensed for life. :shock:
that's not a driver's license, that's a fishing license. Now excuse me while I go place an order from EXTREME SUZUKI! :D :D

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
BPusser said:
basshole said:
that's not a driver's license, that's a fishing license. Now excuse me while I go place an order from EXTREME SUZUKI! :D :D
LMAO.... that was good... hahaha but the newbies wont get it.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
guess I am one still. I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Boxwrench said:
guess I am one still. I don't get it.
If you place an order with Extreme Suzuki and tell them "Basshole sent you," you get an extra 20% off. :wink: JUST JOKING!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Ahhh, I see........... not 20% more 'cause you mentioned him? :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
BPusser said:
Boxwrench said:
Ahhh, I see........... not 20% more 'cause you mentioned him? :lol:
Well...O.K. enough free publicity for Basshole. :lol:
I think they would charge you 25% more! LOL...

jk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Now back to the original thread-sorry Sno_Racer_Xtreme. Like Paul... said - to take a motorcycle road test, send in the form that you received when you are issued your instruction permit. The BMV will notify you by mail when your test is scheduled. If you don't have the card contact the BMV.

Where are you in Maine?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts