Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to adjust the handle bars slightly on my c-50. I would have thought that simply removing the chrome/plastic caps would give me access to the handle bar mounting screws. But, when i tried to take off the cap, it broke off leaving material in the hole. IS this normal???

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Its never good when something breaks off in the hole!
Those caps can be replaced, though.
I would just dig it out and get some new ones.
Once they are out, you can loosen the bolts and adjust the bars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just dig the leftover plastic out...it's an allen head bolt holding down the top part of the riser... Those chrome covers are just for show.. Mine broke also.. I just completely removed the bolts and cleaned the glue off them and reinstalled... all's good..

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
basshole said:
drink more beer before doing ANY modifications.
And DO NOT touch the headlight retaining ring screws!!! :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to everyone for their replies, especially the one about the beer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to adjust the handle bars slightly on my c-50. I would have thought that simply removing the chrome/plastic caps would give me access to the handle bar mounting screws. But, when i tried to take off the cap, it broke off leaving material in the hole. IS this normal???
They're fookin' plastic. Pick the broken-off part out and get some more, online. Mine broke on the front wheel pinch bolt. Are you moving the bars UP so they won't hit your leg? I'm gonna do that.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Hopefully they figured it out over the last 10 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts