Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this winters weather pattern has me remembering that phase of life women go thru at a time in their lives when we men unfortunately must weather many storms broght about because of this aging process... hot/cold/hot/cold...50's yesterday that got to teens by nightime...teens today getting to who knows what by the time i leave work tonite...but by saturday 50's again...hopefully roads permit getting out for a cruise...

·
Registered
21,667 Posts
Wishi.g you luck getting in a ride. we have had over 38 hrs of sub o temps. It is hovering at -1now. They are calling for mid to upper 40s this weekend.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
+7 degrees on the road this afternoon. My car almost didn't start, but the Gods were with me and the engine turned. I wouldn't want to be on a bike today.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey stranger..how did you ever make out with your ride?

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a 5 day stretch of riding possibilities...lots of salt or whatever they are using these days that leaves a nasty white film on the roads tho...a day of heavy rain would be nice....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like your gonna get your wish with the rain. I got the drive on but really had mixed feelings about it. The bike seems so slow. I know your motto and I'm not a speedster but I do like responsive acceleration and it just doesn't have it. I like the looks of the Volusia but I kinda wish I had a bigger bike. I should have you ride it sometime to see how it compares to yours.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like your gonna get your wish with the rain. I got the drive on but really had mixed feelings about it. The bike seems so slow. I know your motto and I'm not a speedster but I do like responsive acceleration and it just doesn't have it. I like the looks of the Volusia but I kinda wish I had a bigger bike. I should have you ride it sometime to see how it compares to yours.
may want to post a thread inquiring what others have tried...believe some have had success adding more power with minimal changes. or at worst it may be time to move up if finances make it a consideration. hopefully we'll make it to shady glens this spring for a burger and fries.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The wife sees no need for a faster bike and she's right really. Maybe forward controls to make it more comfy. I did recently purchase used mustang hard leather saddlebags with ez brackets for it on this site. when they came they were missing the catch to the lock on one side. Very annoying for "like new condition" and I didn't even haggle him down on the price.

·
Super Moderator
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shame you got bit on the bags...one doesn't mind buying defective items knowing before they buy...hope you were able tomake it workable...funny thing...I've been using ez brackets for years...used them on my volusia..sold them when i got the c90 and then replaced those with another set bought from a member here. They came, I installed, they came on/off fine for a year...then the next year went to take off...one of them wouldn't come off..no can do...tried everything...never got them off..decided before I would do something stupid out of frustration, decided to leave well enough alone, and as a result they have been on the bike since. Amazing tho...tried everything other than turning bike upside down. Even figured I'd just try to disassemble them while on the bike but as you know the side one needs to be able to do that faces the bike and cannot get a tool in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts