·
Registered
3,062 Posts
RBALLEN05 said:

HI FOLKS, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE STOCK HORN
FROM A 06 C50. I INSTALLED A STEBEL HORN AND DON'T WANT TO
DRAG THE OLD ONE AROUND. BY THE WAY, THE STEBEL HORN WORKS
GREAT. :?
It's a difficult place to get into, you might be better off leaving it where it is. I think it's a 12mm bolt holding it to a bracket, you can get to it from the right side of the bike. Once it falls loose, you should be able to snake it out the left side. But, I think I had the radiator loose and the top hose off to get in there. Like I said, might be better off leaving it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I mounted a new horn, but left the old one there.. it was more trouble to remove it..

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
aVOL2 said:
I mounted a new horn, but left the old one there.. it was more trouble to remove it..
Yes, it won't hurt to have the stock horn on there too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Loosen the top of the radiator and pivot it forward and you can get in there. It's not as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

HAY FELLOWS, THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR REPLY. I SURE DIDN'T EXPECT
SUCH A RAPID REPLY, THIS IS GREAT.

I'VE BEEN RIDING FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS
LITTLE SUZUKI RANKS AMONG THE TOP BIKES I'VE EVER RIDEN. I BOUGHT THIS BIKE THE LAST WEEK OF MARCH OF 06 AND TODATE I'M READY TO TURN 10,000 MILES. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT ABOUT THE BIKE WAS THIS STINKEN HORN, BUT THIS STEBEL HORN SURE CHANGES THAT PICTURE. IT IS GREAT. (MY WIFE DOESN'T LIKE IT!!!!!!!) BUT WHAT DOES SHE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
horn

Leave the old horn in. It's almost invisible anyway. I put my Stebel in the right side cover of my 02' Vol and left the stock horn in...I can't see it unless I look very closely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would you be willing to attach a photo of the after market horn. Also, to be clear, you just mounted it in the side of the bike and ran the wiring to the battery and to “where else). I sorry for the dumb questions.!this is all new to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,007 Posts
Would you be willing to attach a photo of the after market horn. Also, to be clear, you just mounted it in the side of the bike and ran the wiring to the battery and to “where else). I sorry for the dumb questions.!this is all new to me.
Hi, Tony P.

This thread is from 2006. And we haven't heard from Steveisuser since 2015, alas.

You probably will make out better by starting a new thread yourself, and asking people for advice/pictures. That way active forum members would see and be able to help you directly.

Best wishes,
Woodswoman

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
IT IS GREAT. (MY WIFE DOESN'T LIKE IT!!!!!!!) BUT WHAT DOES SHE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She may not like it, but will sing it's praises when it saves your bacon (and maybe her's, if you're riding two up) when some cager isn't paying attention and tries to run you off the road. Happened many times with me and I put it on ALL my bikes, without exception.

BTW: Always wire the horn through a relay. Otherwise you will fry your OEM horn switch due to the power draw. Relay/Wiring kits are simple and available through Amazon.com.

Ride Safe and Often!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts