Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day Guys.

My 2009 C50 has the 02 Sensors on the pipes. When I bought her the PO had already drilled three holes in the end plates of each pipe but she was still whisper quiet which I'm not used to as my previous bike had Jama stainless Slash cuts which gave a nice audible, but non offensive note.

I ran through all the clips and watching the Honest Abe Mod I went ahead and drilled eight holes in each end plate, I have not however punched through the Mickey plates.

Has anyone done the full Honest Abe punching through the Mickey Plates on a c50 with 02 sensors and if so has it been okay? This is the first fuel injected bike I have owned and at this stage cannot afford aftermarket pipes. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the replies, Honest Abe says this mod loses about 2% at the top end which I can live with, I'm not exactly a young bloke wanting to break speed records anymore. Has anyone known someone that has done this and weather you need to bust through both mickey plates in each pipe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, did the full honest abe mod busting through both mickey plates (already had the drilled holes) and like the sound which is not offensive. There is however a small amount of vibration in the floorboards at certain speeds. I have heard several comments in the past from guys who have gone over to aftermarket pipes as getting more vibration. Has anyone here who has done this mod found any vibration issues. Cheers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have been riding my '09 with the full mod for about 10,000mi with no issues whatsoever (except a great sound over stock). Vibrations are minimal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Tidcab, yes I love the growl under acceleration and the bike no longer sounds like a sewing machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts